Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of this month, I bought a used take off walnut 782 stock for my beyond ugly 25MN stock. This past weekend, scheduled the surgery. No worries with drop-in fitting since I had done the same for my 925M and a 782 stock a couple of years back. Every thing was going as planned with the 25MN till I got to the mag well plate. I pulled the plate out of the hardwood stock and something didn't fit right. Being keen on details. noticed the 25MN stock was routed out for the flat plate and the 782 wasn't. I don't recall this problem with the 925M ?
Strange that Marlin changed that little detail for their similar mag rifles. Out came the 20oz tool and placed the well plate latterly in a vise. A few light whumps gave the flat plate a slight curvature to better fit the stock. The plate sitting higher, there was a bind for the mag release tab. One more slight adjustment with the hammer. Holding the plate in position, I tapped both ends soundly to help seat them a bit deeper in the wood. Now the mag release functions and both the 4 and 7 round mags seat and release properly. Thankfully I don't chew my nails as they are helpful to pry the 4 rounder up out of the well. With my age and tremors, so proud that all function now as hoped.

Reactions: turbobug

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did I mention tremors ? They're only amplified holding a digi camera.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.