Marlin Firearms Forum banner

25M .22 Mag, anyone else got one

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  danurve 
#1 ·
G'day all, new to the forum. Only marlin I have at the moment is a 25M .22 Mag which is a great little rifle. gets plenty of use on small to medium game out to 100m. fitted with bipod and 3-9X scope. Probably a bit of over kill, but shoots one and a half inch groups with highland ammo (40 Gr projies) at 100m.

Aim to be adding a guide gun in .45/70 to the collection soon though.

Anyone else use a 25M?

cheers

#2 ·
GWH;
I don't have a 25M, but a few years ago I bought my grandson a 25N (long rifle) to go along with the model 39 I passed on to him.
They sure a bargain in the gun world, especially when compared to others in the same price range as to accuracy and solid construction..
He put it to the task of hunting groundhogs, squirrel etc....it was the inherent accuracy of this rifle that actually started me into buying several Marlin rimfires for myself and other grandkids...plus a 336 in 30-30.
I am pleased that I started my grandson early with that rifle. At this moment he is on the way home from Al Anbar province where as a spec ops Marine, he was his unit's designated sniper. He had at least one (and probably more) ...one-on-one with an enemy sniper. I like to think that early training with the 25N helped to give him the edge over " Haji "...
You have an accurate, serviceble Rifle that should serve you many years ...until you do as I did..give it to a grandchild...Yeah!!

BTW: Check out my post in THE CAMPFIRE entitled .." It pays to start them young "

#4 ·
G'day ironglow, what marine unit is your grandson with? I have worked with a couple of different groups of mariunes and have always got on well with them.

I'll be holding on to my little 25m, whilst not the most capable rifle in my armoury, it is certainly accurate and fun to shoot.

cheers

#5 ·
Yes I do have one.. and love it.. use it for Squirrels some and mostly preditors ( Groundhogs) around the house... I shoot mostly CCI ammo solids for Squirrels and HP's for the Groundhogs.. ( I like them dead)..
its a awesome 22mag for the money for sure..

I just have a 3x9 rimfire scope on it.. as I don't need a big field of view.. most shots under 50 yds..

#6 ·
GW;
He's with the 22nd MEU ( Marine expeditionary unit, spec ops)..part of the 2nd Marine division ..out of Camp Lejeune NC..

#7 ·
I've got a 25MN in .22 mag with a 4x Nikon scope on top and I dare say that it is one of if not the most accurate rifles in my safe right now. A true tack driver if there ever was one. Shooting CCI's I can bust clays at 100 yds. and then continue to shoot the pieces until they are so small that I can no longer see them in the scope. It's a great little rifle and is very consistent. I'm glad I bought one when I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.