Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some shooting last week with my Marlin 882ssv22 magnum.
I removed the scope and realigned it moving it about 1/8 of an inch to center it with the bore.
After re-zeroing this is the test results over the weekend.
Shooting conditions were not that good as the wind was gusty.
The same point of aim was held at each distance.
The target: Diamond with 1/2" black Bull center.
The 100 yard group was the best I've ever had with the .22mag ( 5/8") Most 100 yard groups have been 1-3/4 inch range.
I only shot 3 shot groups due to the wind.
A chronograph was also set up.
The first shot through a clean bore with the CCI 40gr fmj was 1931fps. The next was 1888, every shot thereafter was in the 1836-1844fps range.
I just took my rifle to the smith to have the trigger worked on. It was weighed at 7lbs . This morning I hope to find it is 3lbs. That will help the accuracy aplenty.
I was taking steroids just to pull that 7 pound trigger!

A

·
0 Posts
Them some good shots there 8)
You should be able to nock any squirrel out of a tree with that kinda shooting..

DoniphanRedneck

·
Registered
264 Posts
RV; have you tried any of the Remington wmr ammo in that rifle?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Keep talking guys… I am trying to decide if I should get a .22 Mag. and I want to read all I can about them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
SquirrelSniper said:
Major said:
Keep talking guys… I am trying to decide if I should get a .22 Mag. and I want to read all I can about them.
What's to decide? The answer is a very obvious "hell yes"! 8)
Mr. Sniper, as always, has cut to the chase! My lovely wife gave me for Christmas 2002, a new 25MN Marlin. The .22mag is, IMHO, the BEST "critter getter" that money can buy. I still don't know how I have lived half of my life without one sittin' in the safe! As NbS stated, What's to decide? :wink:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Leverpuller said:
SquirrelSniper said:
Major said:
Mr. Sniper, as always, has cut to the chase! My lovely wife gave me for Christmas 2002, a new 25MN Marlin. The .22mag is, IMHO, the BEST "critter getter" that money can buy. I still don't know how I have lived half of my life without one sittin' in the safe! As NbS stated, What's to decide? :wink:
OK... OK... you guys have convinced me. Now all I need is to decide what to get. I like bolt rifles but I also love my T/C Contender and it could use another barrel. Then lately I have been thinking about one of those H&R/NEF (Marlin) Handi-rifles too. Decisions, decisions, decisions… to many options and too little money.
Only thing I know for sure... one can never have too many rimfires. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Major said:
Leverpuller said:
SquirrelSniper said:
Major said:
OK... OK... you guys have convinced me. Now all I need is to decide what to get. I like bolt rifles but I also love my T/C Contender and it could use another barrel. Then lately I have been thinking about one of those H&R/NEF (Marlin) Handi-rifles too. Decisions, decisions, decisions… to many options and too little money.
Only thing I know for sure... one can never have too many rimfires. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check with Raynor on Greybeards under NEF Miscellanious, he had a 22 ultra varmint for sale. http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=26200
RV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts