Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are back in stock over at Rocky Mountain. Free shipping as always.

RMR Bullets - .257 120 Gr. Federal Fusion Soft Point *PULLED* (500 Ct.)

I gave these a try 2 yrs ago and found that 48gr of IMR 4350 will push them 2950fps
And after bedding receiver and floating barrel on the XL7, Three shot groups fit under a nickel.

Knock down power is amazing. Neck shots on white tail leave fist-sized exit wounds. Chest-shots drop em dead in their tracks

On heavy humidity days you can hear them going through the air - kinda high pitched wooooosh......thud

Reactions: graymustang

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I guess I need to bed my receiver on xl7s, 25-06. I mounted a Boyds laminated stock to it that has a free floating barrel but not consistent at all using 100 gr. corelokt bullets.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found that to be the case too in my Boyds walnut prairie hunter. It was good but after bedding too it was amazing

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I've wanted a 25-06 since I was 16 the year Remington made it a legitimate factory round. Finally got one and I am a Yankee that has moved to Virginia and will probably die here since NY has gone commie. Didn't know a 25-06 was big enough for a Texan.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've wanted a 25-06 since I was 16 the year Remington made it a legitimate factory round. Finally got one and I am a Yankee that has moved to Virginia and will probably die here since NY has gone commie. Didn't know a 25-06 was big enough for a Texan.
Don't shoot 25-06 but ditto on the rest on it fellow free Virginian . If we can hold off our current gun hating Governor we will be OK.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put mine in a Boyd's walnut prairie hunter and a vortex 6-24x50mm mildiot scope.
After the bedding and free float barrel, she's my gal. Loves them fed fusions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts