Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled this from the 4th jug today. Weighed 42.8. Pretty accurate little bullet in my boys 243 as well.

Reactions: M700 and navajo

·
Premium Member
12,538 Posts
Not bad. Looks like it maintained just under half weight, and expanded real well. Four jugs for a small, light bullet expanding that well is about right.

He took a deer with that didn't he?

Guy

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, he took his deer so far with the 100 PT. Hard to back away from the 100 PT. It makes the 243 seem a little bigger than it is..

I have taken a couple with the 100PT and 95BT and find the 243 just stacks them.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
In the 4th jug is solid deer performance in my opinion, especially when you consider the brutal impact velocity. Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Looks good to me, 4 jugs is pretty good from that bullet and the speed its traveling....

Yeah the little 243 puts the Smack down On'em No Doubt!
I just loaded up 50 of the 70gr NBT's today. I hope to get out and put a hurtin on some Woodchucks soon!
I love the fact that my 100gr PT's shoot to same POI as my 70gr BT's do...

243 is a Death Ray! IMHO. :biggrin:

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that 90AB is a good one. I'll use it in the future when I can.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Death Ray is correct, you should try the 55gr NBT's on groundhogs...+/- 4" to 425 yards

Reactions: BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Death Ray is correct, you should try the 55gr NBT's on groundhogs...+/- 4" to 425 yards
I actually loaded up 5 of these to try next time at the range... I only had 5....:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.