Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24" barrels for the 336

Sometime ago I found a company who sold 24" barrels (30-30) for the marlin 336. I promply lost the address and phone number, as usual..... Anybody have a clue who they are? I have a 336 already and am planning on buying another but would like to put the longer barrel on it. I had asked Marlin if they would ever make one like this and really got the cold shoulder. I guess they feel they are not money makers. Pity... Makes a lot of difference as far as I am concerned...

·
Registered
15 Posts
24" barrels for the 336

Oooogaa,

Sorry I can't help with your problem, but did want to pass on my support. I too feel that a 24" tube really helps the 30-30 lever gun shine! But I think you and I are in the minority. :cry:

·
Registered
94 Posts
24" barrels for the 336

I like the longer barrels too guys.Had a winchester 94 take down in 32WS that I sold a couple years back.Had a 26 inch barrel and could really point well for me.Better than my 20 carbines.Like the extra volocity too.Been looking for a 336a in 35 Rem but can`t seem to find one localy.

Riflemen10x

O

·
0 Posts
24" barrels for the 336

http://www.brownells.com

Try Brownells. They've got a few different barrels for leverguns in different lengths. You could also get a barrel from one of the 'big boys' chambered and fitted to your particular rifle. When I can afford it I plan on having a special barrel made for mine from a Lothar Walther blank. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Bones

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
24" barrels for the 336

No luck.. Thanks for the help fellas. If I can find one for a Winchester maybe I'll hook up with one of them. Might have better luck going that route. :?

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
24" barrels for the 336

Oooogaa:

www.e-gunparts.com has a 336A 24" 30/30 barrel for sale new.
P/N 454020 $ 60.45.

I have purchased several barrels from these people as well as other parts and they all have been origional Marlin complete barrels, ready to install.

Hope this helps.

djh

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
24" barrels for the 336

Oooogaa:

Go to their web-site, click on Start Here, click on M for Marlin, click on Marlin, click on 336C, click on barrel, this will take you to all the origional Marlin barrels they have.

Hope this helps, good luck.

djh

·
Registered
496 Posts
24" barrels for the 336

Brownells has them to but they are by a custom barrel maker. I think they are made by Wind River Barrels. The factory 24" ones would be the best for the price. Parley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts