Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Marlinnut here. still looooooking for a 1984M. can't believe there aren't any out there. a guy in se kansas had one listed in gun list for 550. I guess he got it, because it was sold by the time i called. boo-hoo! I'll just have to keep looking. I'll ask again, has anybody out there ever heard of converting a 39A to .22wrm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If that was a good option then Marlin would've done that instead of useing the 1894 version. I know that I'd like to have the longer barrel of the 39a over the 1894 if I had one in 22mag. JC

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
22mag marlin

I wasn't aware marlin had a 22 mag. lever action [as least not in a slab sided action .Idid know about the others. please elaborate and forgive me if I'm ignorant on the subject!? I just picked up my g prefix 39m ,it's perfect except for a small chip in the stock at the top of the tang.It's also missing the original rear sight but the blueing is 100 %.Cost 295.00 how'd I do? shootrj2003

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
The 1894m's are out there! I looked at a friends new "gun list" subscription and one was advertized with in an hours drive of home. The stock was sanded (slightly below the upper tang) but after thinking about it for 6 days I went back and picked it up. Probable paid too much at $340 but was the only one I have ever seen.

It even had paper work where it was sent back to Marlin for feeding problems and barrel replace (no charge on barrel). This one isn't a collector but a shooter. Just keep looking! Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts