Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have it, but I will. Their was many members taking pictures for there web site. I should have it in morning.

I'm in love with this new round. I had its AR build around the 224 Valkrie Match barrel and matching bolt. The bore was lapped it was broken in correctly. If you notice it doesn't have a ejection port dust cover and doesn't have a normal charge handle. I like the side charge handle better that the old system. The scope gets in the way when loading the weapon.

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
What is the barrel twist?What grain bullet are you using?

·
Super Moderator
26,221 Posts
Nice rifle, Rick. You shooting hand loads or factory ammo?

Jack

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Very nice rifle. How hard are the 6.8 mags to find? My next AR is going to be side charging. I have the lower just working on the upper.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sweet. I just got a barrel and bolt carrier group to convert an upper I had to 224 Valkyrie. I mounted a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X50 on it. Hope to test it out on some coyotes this fall.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Those are some pretty impressive results, especially with factory ammunition. Federal GMM has an excellent reputation.

You are honestly the first person I've come across who has had such success with the Valkyrie; accuracy in mass-market Valkyrie rifles has reportedly been mediocre. Which company manufactured your rifle's barrel?

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are some pretty impressive results, especially with factory ammunition. Federal GMM has an excellent reputation.

You are honestly the first person I've come across who has had such success with the Valkyrie; accuracy in mass-market Valkyrie rifles has reportedly been mediocre. Which company manufactured your rifle's barrel?
https://pro2a-tactical.com/non-reciprocating-side-charging-uppers/18-inch-nr-224-valkyrie-mlok-416r-stainless-premium-fluted-upper.html

get it with the match bolt option.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet. I just got a barrel and bolt carrier group to convert an upper I had to 224 Valkyrie. I mounted a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X50 on it. Hope to test it out on some coyotes this fall.
the trick is match the bolt to the barrel.

·
Premium Member
11,617 Posts
Gavin at Ultimate Reloader is a friend of mine and I've shot his bolt-action 224 Valkyrie. Superb little rifle! He's built both an AR-15 and a bolt action 224 Valkyrie.

He's also made a good amount of info available here:

https://ultimatereloader.com/2019/04/25/224-valkyrie-laser-beam-berger-80-5-grain-load/

Thought it might be of some interest.

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too have had excellent results with Valkyrie in 24" HB side charger upper. Run about 300 through it in slow fire. Now I culling the gunsafe as I cannot close the door. It and the Grendel are going as I'm into subsonic suppressed now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts