Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some things I just don't understand But the one thing I do understand I s Good Gun... I have been Changing XS & XL for three years every year I have thought Marlin will bring out a .378 AKA 223 Bolt head It would open a lot of doors For us shooters and Marlin in gun sales . I have Had Heavey barreled Marlins for Years Puls The Magnum In the XL7 ... I got Tired Of Waiting for Marlin so I built this 223 Marlin with a very handy 16.5 barrel .
A lot of My friends thought I was Nuts for wanting a 16.5 in long barrel But as you will see buy the targets It is a very accurate little feller , and Has proven to be a very handy hunting gun for Coyotes & outher Varmints Here are some Shots Of Stubby My Marlin XS7 In 223 Rem

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Good Job Dan! That otta keep those Yotes worried. DP

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou Jagwire I shure wish Marlin would Build this cal For all The Marlin shooters DD

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Dan, can you give us the short version (not step bu step) on how you altered the bolt head, and the magazine box. I understand the barrel and hear that Savages fit? Thanks, Jack By the way, nice job!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been looking at doing this for a wile , Used a savage 223 Bolt head Had to do a Bunch of Mill work & cut it down Bore the Fireing Pin Hole , I Tigged The Marlin Bolt body Hole up and redrill , set Fireing pin protrudsion, and Build a spacer , The magizine was very easy I used a Savage staggerd feed and wielded a tab on it Took Me about 12 Hours of work But I could do the next one in 2 to 3 hours . Thpe This helps Thanks for all the Kind words DD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts