Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Gander Mountain today and they had 22 mags and Velocitor ammo, limit 5 boxes of each. The 22 mags were 12.99/box and the Velocitors were 7.99/box. This is not cheap but not too bad if you need it. There shelves were stocked full of ammo but very high which is typical for Gander. I was going to buy some leupold rings and base for a rifle I have until I saw what they wanted for them so I just bought a cheaper set made by Millett.

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
don't think that price is bad at all.You did well.

·
Registered
612 Posts
About the same I am paying at Bass Pro for CCi Maxi-mags horseshoe. Wally World used to have em for $11 but nothing in last few months.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The prices we all paid just a few years ago are GONE!! Those are the prices today and they are better than many are paying! YOU DID GOOD!! I haven't seen Velocitors for about THREE years, BEFORE all thi s happened!!

CW

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I thought i was getting 5 boxes of Velocitors but when I checked out I noticed that two of the five boxes were SGB's which means small game bullet, they are 40 grain lead bullets at 1250 fps the same speed as mini-mags and have a flat point on them for improved striking power. They were a dollar cheaper than the Velocitors so I didn't say anything as I kinda wanted to try them. Reviews on them sound pretty good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You will LIKE them!! Definitely an improvement over reg HV LR ammo!

CW

·
Registered
612 Posts
Speaking of rimfire ammo Bass Pro starting Aug. 1 having that hunting days sale. Gonna get there early and hope I can score some CCIs 40 grainers. Just thought I would mention it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts