Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
22" tapered oct. barrels

I don't know how many here like to build their own rifles. It's not for everyone I guess. If your looking for a 22" tapered oct. barrel in 30-30 cal. for a 336 www.gunpartscorp.com has them for the Zane Grey Century that marlin built in the 1970's. Gunparts has them listed as part # 454380 and I don't know how many they have. I do know they have at least one more because UPS lost the first one and gunparts sent another, then UPS found the first one and shipped it to me too. It went back last week. I was going to keep this supply to my self for awhile but since my heart attack about a month ago mine has turned into a later in the year project and I thought someone here might be interested. HYDE

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
22" tapered oct. barrels

Thanks for sharing, hope all goes well on the health side.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
22" tapered oct. barrels

Sure Shot my health is great now. I'll be even better when they let me go back to work. HYDE

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
22" tapered oct. barrels

Hey that's a beauty. I suppose it's nessasary to change the forearm as well?
cw

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
22" tapered oct. barrels

Finding a forarm might be the hardest part. Possibly one from a 336CB? This barrel is .593 at the muzzle and .851 at the receiver. HYDE

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
22" tapered oct. barrels

Do you think it could be milled from a standard forearm?
This "looks" to be an enexpensive way to dress up,get, a new gun.
I could mill a forend!
Are you doing this to an average gun? I have a 56 flatop(and a .357) that I've really yet to shoot :cry:
No real reason except I've yet to put time on it as the range is a hike and I don't like to spook the hogs nearby(thus I shoot the guns known to be accurate)
Or would you suggest finding an abused gun and completly work it up?
cw

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
22" tapered oct. barrels

The round barrels are bigger at the receiver end so you would have a gap on both sides of the forend at the receiver end. Just about any 336 would work , I'm using a 1970 receiver that I got on gunbroker. I just need to hunt down some of the smaller parts. HYDE

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
22" tapered oct. barrels

Too cool. When you get done let's see a pic.
cw

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
22" tapered oct. barrels

Hyde I just bought two lots of Marlin Parts on Ebay. There is at least one guy on there who bought out a parts store (gunshow type) that was going out of business and he is selling of groups of parts at a time. Was one guy selling rear sights, six of them, but the price went to high for my interest. If you email me with a list of what you are looking for I may be able to help out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts