1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sns2.jpg sns.jpg

It say CDM PROD INC then below NEW YORK NY

Barrel has 22 CAL SHORT and MODEL SPM

It does have a serial number also. I know it is not worth anything. My BIL gave it to me as he didn't want it and one of his uncles had it before he pass recently. Not sure if I should toss it in the safe or smash it with a hammer. :biggrin:

·
Wrangler
395 Posts
We used to carry something very similar on the Salmon boats to tame the big boys befoe we brought them aboard, back in the "old days", when there were big boys.

·
Super Moderator
5,552 Posts
I have a Rohm, RG-14 snub .22 cal that my Dad bought (looks like 3rd hand due to the personalized "marks") for my Mom sometime in the late 60's. I think they were on the order of $15-20 new at the time. Not sure if the Model SPM has any history, but unfortunately the RG-14 left a real black mark on 2A back in the '80s. I've jokingly asked to include it in new gun trades with 2-3 of my ffl buddies, and they've all requested that I "get it the h*** out of their shop". I only hang on to it because it is a part of our "gun history", although it has almost zero real value. (I keep it loaded with shot shells for short range "yard work")

JD

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
I had one exactly like that back in the early 80's but cannot remember what i have done with it??? plus nowdays very hard to find 22 shorts.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
After having a gunsmith check for function I'd have to try shooting it, wrap-around safety glasses and leather gloves for that first trigger pull.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yep, I had one years ago, and it was as deadly on the side and back as it was in front of the barrel.
Sheared off the lead between the cylinder and barrel and hit everything in a 360 degree area.
Chunked that sucker in the creek..........

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Use a hammer on it, otherwise, you might be tempted to shoot it, the firing pin will break, and then you might be tempted to spend money getting it fixed....:tee:

back in the day, a place called Bobs Gun Shop, someplace there in north central AR, was about the only place in the U S that actually had any parts for those import guns. He was still alive at least until a few years back, but he has to be older than Noah at present if still alive. Still has a web site, but I suspect a son or different owner has the place. I used to deal with him on occasion in 1976, I was only 20 at the time, I always presumed he wasnt a pup then.

But every part he had, started at about 10 bucks, even then. Grips for example 10 or 15, when the guns had sold not many years previous, for under 30.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I like the idea of using it at a gun buy back. Welding gloves or the kevlar gloves some meat cutters come to mind for shooting it. I can't imagine a crook using it as even they want a better quality gun.

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Best use for the Rohm's and similar guns is taking them to a blue city during 'gun buy back' programs. Walk out with around a $100 gift card that you then use towards a new gun or reloading supplies.
Good idea I will watch for one of those and let them buy it from me. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As a kid in the late 60's and early 70's I had blank guns that were build out of better metal.:biggrin:

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
I don't know if you have a MeMaw's barbecue like we have on the beach here on the space coast.I would donate it to them.They have a bunch of old rifles and pistols in frames hanging on their walls and in glass cases.Not sure if the firing pins were taken out,or if they still work,but they sure are fun to look at while you are waiting for your food.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
If memory serves a very similar gun took out Robert Kennedy. An RG maybe. Probably one of the reason Teddy signed off on making import guns illegal?

Sorry guys, couldnt resist.

·
Super Moderator
5,552 Posts
If memory serves a very similar gun took out Robert Kennedy. An RG maybe. Probably one of the reason Teddy signed off on making import guns illegal?

Sorry guys, couldnt resist.

I believe you'll find that an RG was used in the attempted Reagan assassination, which lead to .... well, you know what

1 - 20 of 25 Posts