Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could some one please help me with the value of these. I do not have photos, A guy wants to trade it to me. He said they are rare. Made in 1960s Anyone know of these. It is supposed to be a 90% gun, slight bluing wear on top of barrel. I need help fast. Anybody?

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
One in 95-98% would probably bring in the $900.00 range. Ive seen them 80-90% bring 550-750.

Reactions: 475linebaugh

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sounds like a good find! Would love to find one for my collection someday. Can't wait to see some pictures of your new carbine. Happy shootin!

·
Premium Member
14,154 Posts
The 39 Carbine was only made between 1963-67. And I think it was a 20" barrel, with a 3/4 magazine.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the fast response, This guy is ready to trade in the am. I had never even heard of a 39 carbine. and had no idea if this was a good trade, but according to what I have heard, I may, for the first time in my life. Come out on top.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
They are few and far between. The 39 Carbine is my "current" Holy Grail when it comes to 39A models. I have passed on a couple dogs waiting for a good one, good luck tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
14,154 Posts
I double checked, it should have a 20" barrel. Here is a page from the 1964 catalog.
1964 39 Carbine.jpg Right click to enlarge.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The 39D also has an exclusive forearm and barrel band similar to a 9422 Winchester.

The 39 Carbine is basically a 39A Mountie with a light weight tapered barrel and ¾ Mag tube.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looking forward to the pix, nice find!

Reactions: 475linebaugh

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Here's my 39 Carbine, made in 1964, a gun I will never sell. Beautiful gun, but to shoot it is to love it even more. Doesn't get any sweeter in a 22 lever gun. Grab it if you can.

I love age and a well kept girl .......... She is Purdy for 50 ........ Dame I can stop looking ...... It's a great photo too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts