Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a pawn shop over the weekend and they had a 22 mag that looked like it was made on a 1894 action. It wasn't a take down like a 39, Anyone know what model this would be.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell me more about this gun. I don't know if I should buy it or not, the pawn shop wants just under $300.00 for this gun, it is in excellent condition but I don't know anything about this model.

·
Registered
187 Posts
VERY tough to find. They are well built, shoot very well and are a ton of fun. At that price i would buy it up FAST. They typicly go for around $400 by me. The action is the same, or very similar to many of the marlin centerfire guns. That and the 9422m are by far the best .22 mag lever guns ever made IMHO.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the information. I'm very familar with the marlin 1894s and 1895s but I've never seen one of these. Anyone know what years these guns were made? I may have to go buy this thing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 1894 in 22 magnum is the 1894M. I used to own one ...

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Wyatt said:
Thank you all for the information. I'm very familar with the marlin 1894s and 1895s but I've never seen one of these. Anyone know what years these guns were made? I may have to go buy this thing.
Did you end up buying it?

If so, have you had it to the range yet?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'm considering getting one. I'm thinking it might make a good varmit getter and make a nice addition to the Marlin collection.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I really like mine. Don't see them around very often.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally found one this past weekend at a small show. I was happy to pay $400 for it. I have been looking a long time. It is in excellent condition and shoot well.
Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
H Sure Shot
It was the show in Centralia. First time I had a table there, it was slow and a lot of table holders complained but I did very well , will sure go back.
Bob

·
Registered
48 Posts
The 1894M's are tough to find,only 8000 made.I just found one after passing on one three years ago.

Good catch. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts