Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to look at a(R serial date, 1958) 219 zipper after work today, if I happen to pick it up, does anyone know where I could possibly find some ammo?? current owner does not have any.. thanks for any help... hopefully pics to follow

·
Registered
76 Posts
you get that you really need to learn to handload,,,,,,,,,,,,
This right here. You won't find it hardly anywhere and if you do it's third party manufactured mostly so who knows what you are getting. You are best learning to form your own brass and load it yourself. Also like the others have stated, take a bore scope and light and really look at it good. They are certainly fun if you get a good one and hand load though.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
SC, did you bring her home? I have a Stevens in 219 Z. A Marlin is on my list. Best bet is to pick up dies. I got mine on eBay. As mentioned brass can be formed from 30-30. Hope to see pics.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok fellow marlin fanatics..lol.. I did bring it home😁😁, it is in what I would consider excellent condition, (for a 1958)although it's missing the bullseye. That's not an issue for me in anyway..no slings mounts ever put on it either😁😁, it came with a weaver 2.5 - 8 scope. I've never seen scope adjustments that went through the rear scope ring. inside scope it has 3 horizontal and 3 vertical lines(which I've never seen like that either) I'll attempt to post pics..

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok fellow marlin fanatics..lol.. I did bring it home😁😁, it is in what I would consider excellent condition, (for a 1958)although it's missing the bullseye. That's not an issue for me in anyway..no slings mounts ever put on it either😁😁, it came with a weaver 2.5 - 8 scope. I've never seen scope adjustments that went through the rear scope ring. inside scope it has 3 horizontal and 3 vertical lines(which I've never seen like that either) I'll attempt to post pics.. View attachment 826411

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice rifle, I have heard of mounts like that but have never seen them. I would go to a more modern design scope and mounts. However I would for sure keep the old scope, mounts and even the hardware to put it back on. My 2 cents worth, enjoy that fine looking Marlin.

·
Premium Member
5,904 Posts
Congrats on a very nice rifle!

Reactions: supercrew

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Very nice rifle and very interesting scope mount.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts