Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 218 bee that I rarely shoot. I am trying to figure out a price. I understand without pics...
but
on Gunbroker they are over $1000. Are people really paying that?

·
Registered
285 Posts
People are asking and paying good money for 1894's lately. A lot of that is also model/caliber dependent based upon my experiences, in terms of popularity and rarity. I don't know anything about the .218 and so can't comment on it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have one - think I paid $800 for it. I really like the .218 - shoots pretty good (will never get the accuracy out of a lever gun that a bolt or single shot can provide) but shoots minute of cottontail anyway. Still slowly working on load development, but I've yet to find a load that shoots less than a 2" group at 100 yards. Brass is easily made from 32-20 and there just were not that many .218's made by Marlin - increasing the value of these rifles. Hoping to find this ones 25-20 brother some day...

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

Reactions: mattusmc

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have one - think I paid $800 for it. I really like the .218 - shoots pretty good (will never get the accuracy out of a lever gun that a bolt or single shot can provide) but shoots minute of cottontail anyway. Still slowly working on load development, but I've yet to find a load that shoots less than a 2" group at 100 yards. Brass is easily made from 32-20 and there just were not that many .218's made by Marlin - increasing the value of these rifles. Hoping to find this ones 25-20 brother some day...

View attachment 726850
Wish the picture came up on my end

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a Marlin 1894CL in 218 Bee. With no load development or action/trigger work it went under MOA, I expect better with a little tuning and careful 'ladder' type load development. Hornady is making 218 brass as a plus. M.L. Mcpherson has published a great deal on the under MOA capabilities of Marlin lever guns.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I paid close to that a year ago from a an older SASS gentleman that bought Marlins shot a few rounds then put them up. This rifle had less than 10 rounds through it. Got the factory box and paperwork and the balance of the 50 round Winchester ammo. A lot of money but do not see any in my neck of the woods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.