Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
I see powder around, but there's no point in me buying any until I can get some primers.
You might want to reconsider that. Component supply is going to be even more iffy after January 20. Get what you can, when you can. If you see something you need, better buy it. The Democrat playbook includes heavy taxation and possession limits on ammunition and components.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
You might want to reconsider that. Component supply is going to be even more iffy after January 20. Get what you can, when you can. If you see something you need, better buy it. The Democrat playbook includes heavy taxation and possession limits on ammunition and components.
Yes and even if you have one and not the other, the more of one you have the more you can trade for the other.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I agree on buying what you can when you can. I’ve bought things I didn’t need because the price was good and I can eventually use these items to trade for what I do need. Primers are the real problem right now and if you need them the only way to get them is to pay the piper. I have bought a lot of primers on GB lately, enough that I will be good for several years. I am paying double what I should be, but it is still a lot cheaper than buying factory ammo, I don’t things will ever be the same as it was.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
There is a lot of trading going on amongst our local shooters. Somebody has a little excess of "X" or no longer uses much of it & trades for something that he does need/shoot.
However, the general trend is to hold on to what you have, as it may take an even worse turn soon!
Have you noticed how much a normal $21 Lee bullet molds are going for if you can even find one?

Reactions: rob42049

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Yeah I have some large rifle magnum and large pistol magnum primers I got in a trade. I have no use for them but there is nothing I want to trade for right now and I sure don't wanna sell them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well silly me! I thought I was leaving product on the shelf so that someone who needs it could buy it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Well silly me! I thought I was leaving product on the shelf so that someone who needs it could buy it.
That's a kind gesture for sure but right now the chances someone who does not need it will buy it as a commodity is high ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I began stocking up when Obama was elected on '08. Unfortunately I have used a lot of it over the years so I started buying again last spring and now primers are 6 cents each--if you can find them--as opposed to 3 cents a year ago. The best you can hope for is to go on Midway or some other place you trust and click "notify me". They will let you know when the components are back in stock---but if you don't jump on them right away, you will get skunked. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I suggest that instead of a firearm , you all need to invest in a good bow and hope they don't attack more than one at a time!!!! The liberal left loves the shortages and will do everything they can to ensure prices rise. They will get rid of firearms by making it too expensive for the average schmuck to afford! They won't have to do anything but wait and threaten new laws etc and the panic in the lemmings will do the rest for them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I began stocking up when Obama was elected on '08. Unfortunately I have used a lot of it over the years so I started buying again last spring and now primers are 6 cents each--if you can find them--as opposed to 3 cents a year ago. The best you can hope for is to go on Midway or some other place you trust and click "notify me". They will let you know when the components are back in stock---but if you don't jump on them right away, you will get skunked. Good luck.
LOL...6 cents....I would buy them all....try 25-30 per hundred!!!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Just like the last shortage and panic I haven't paid much attention to this latest panic. I'm not only well stocked and load my own but I cast my on also. I have plenty of everything for every caliber I own. Except one and I was never interested in loading for the one 32 ACP I own. Figured I would get a mold, die kit, and some brass and load up on it. Nope...absolutly nothing available from anyone anywhere. Didn't think anyone loaded for that little thing and I hardly ever shoot it. Now I understand what everyone is talking about.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I see powder around, but there's no point in me buying any until I can get some primers.

Probably should get the powder. When you get primers.....then there'll be no powder! memtb

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
^^^^^^This! The situation is bad and I think it will get worse. When you see $150 for a set of reloading dies, things are not good. I was in a local gun store on Friday. They had received two cases of shotgun ammo from their distributor in the last month. These people had virtually no inventory and did not expect this to improve in the foreseeable future. A young woman was in the store attempting to purchase a home protection gun. She had to settle for a single action .22 that she was obviously unfamiliar with. There was no .22 ammo to sell for her new gun. Some think this situation will improve by summer. I think not.

·
Super Moderator
26,992 Posts
Being in the firearm industry, I receive Shooting Industry - The Industry's Business Magazine - EST 1955. I read through it for trends. The worst part of the current news is the outcome of this election. Nationally, dealers are hurting due to a lack of inventory to sell which for some time, has hurt their revenue.

Quote from Dealers React to Election Results: Dealers also fear how a rush on firearms sales will decimate an already strained supply chain. "If we see any more increased demand --- which could easily be created by a Biden gun-control agenda or social unrest, it could potentially break altogether," said Jacquelyn Clark, co-owner of Bristlecone Shooting, Training & retail Center in Lakewood, CO. "If retailers aren't able to replenish their supply, they'll go out of business."

Well, if enough dealers go out of business, manufacturers will collapse.

Folks, nationally, it's bad, bad enough that I've begun rethinking how I'll position my business. Providing Biden doesn't shut me down altogether, which potentially is a possibility. Another article I read is much more dire in that Biden could potentially bankrupt the firearm industry. Much of this depends upon whether or not our SC will act... or remain silent.

Yeah, I'm very concerned.

Jack

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, I have a reasonable supply of components to reload the calibers that I have. However I have basically stopped reloading and working up loads for different guns, not to mention just practicing. Example: my 308 drives tacks with Reloader 12 (no longer made for some time) and I have finely exhausted my supply. So I am switching to Reloader 15 but have put the load development on hold until I can see what is actually going to go down. Basically I am sitting on components and waiting. I feel as if I am one of the people that others will come to when they are in need. Not just ammo and firearms but food, water, etc. We were talking at work the other day about what is to come, two of the guys consider that "SHTF" means their debit or credit card wont work so they were going to sandbag some cash. My boss leaned back in his chair and laughed as me and a couple other guys did also. I said in a very serious tone directly at both of them that "the only thing that will have value is food, water and your ability to get it and, or, retain it". There is where the "Second Amendment" comes into play. I hope and pray very much that I am dead wrong.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts