Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that its clear what's happened with elections and leftist control of government coming anyone have any thoughts on primer and powder availability and prices. I know some people are cashing in on their stashes of primers with prices gone so crazy but is it possible prices could double again or might things get back to normal in the future.

·
Registered
15,162 Posts
I just got outbid on gunbroker.com for some unprimed Remington brass. New Old Stock , bag of 50. I stopped at 75 cents per. Those idiots are over a dollar per empty case. Either they've got more money than brains, or they really got caught short and are desperate. I saw factory .30-06 loaded rounds at $85 and up for a box of 20. There was corrosive Milsurp 7mm Mauser, 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R Russian, and.303 British for $1.50 - $2.00 per round.

It will never return to normal. The Democrats are going to squeeze the consumer market, and tie up ammo production for their Fascist Domestic Terror Army. The obama plan resurrected.

·
Registered
908 Posts
A little over 3 months ago I relieved a local GS of his primers and powder. Totalling a few dollars over $2500. He was happy and so am I. Knowing this shortage was coming, it always pays to pay attention to the past. And yes that is considered hoarding per dictionary.com's definition. BUT not one primer nor one grain of powder will be sold, also per dictionary.com's definition it's for future use, and it will be used by me. As an old boss of mine used to say "The past is the best predictor of the future".

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I think Rob has it pegged.
It will never return to normal.
If you don't have it now, most likely you are going either do without or pay exorbitant prices. IMHO there are a lot of things that aren't going to return to normal. There are going to be some very difficult decisions to make in the near future.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
H4895 is now $264 ($33 per pound) at Midway, still out of stock.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have always thought that because they know that immediate gun confiscation is politically poison, that through Exec orders, administrative Regs. etc., they will stop ammo & reloading components as to availability. I'd expect that in the next four years, there will be a REGISTRATION requirement to have in possession any of that "hazardous ammunition".
All of those millions of guns will be not so good clubs!
Maybe the high prices right now will look dirt cheap a few months from now?

However, I am pretty sure that when the Founders of this country enacted the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, that "To keep & bear arms" also includes the ammo!

·
Banned
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a quick look on gun broker and 8lb jugs h4895 and cfe223 at $450 each and auction hasn't ended yet, 5000 cci 41's at $1250 and going up and trump is still president. this is just crazy.
I'm wondering what's gonna happen after the 20th

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have always thought that because they know that immediate gun confiscation is politically poison, that through Exec orders, administrative Regs. etc., they will stop ammo & reloading components as to availability. I'd expect that in the next four years, there will be a REGISTRATION requirement to have in possession any of that "hazardous ammunition".
All of those millions of guns will be not so good clubs!
Maybe the high prices right now will look dirt cheap a few months from now?

However, I am pretty sure that when the Founders of this country enacted the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, that "To keep & bear arms" also includes the ammo!
I guess there should have been a constitutional amendment when metallic cartridges came into use.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I went in today to get some black powder and percussion caps and there was a guy asking everybody in the store if they had primers to sell.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I guess there should have been a constitutional amendment when metallic cartridges came into use.
the idea that the founders didn't envision MSRs is a red herring.

if the 2nd amendment were repealed, we'd still have the right to keep and bear arms.

This link may very well be the best primer on the nature of rights i've ever read (and written by a friend of mine). Written 20 years ago, it's as timely as ever.

·
Registered
203 Posts
the idea that the founders didn't envision MSRs is a red herring.

if the 2nd amendment were repealed, we'd still have the right to keep and bear arms.

This link may very well be the best primer on the nature of rights i've ever read (and written by a friend of mine). Written 20 years ago, it's as timely as ever.

I'm confident that the founders didn't envision radio, TV, or the internet, but it's generally accepted that the first amendment applies to them.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
H4895 is now $264 ($33 per pound) at Midway, still out of stock.
I've seen Varget sell for $75 per pound on AR fifteen dot com.

·
Super Moderator
13,194 Posts
During the Obama admin everyone figured things would never go back to normal, but they did... somewhat. Manufacturers will eventually build new machinery/locations to meet the demand. I reckon another year or so. This shortage is a lot worse than the last several.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I've seen Varget sell for $75 per pound on AR fifteen dot com.
The place I get my powder from had both Varget and H4895 last week for normal prices.

Reactions: Pereira
1 - 20 of 40 Posts