Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Nice!
My 2019.03 mfg 1894CB 357 has flawless fit and finish.
100% satisfied.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've bought two perfect Remington made marlins in the last month, both perfect guns. One a 2015 and one a 2020. I think they got their act together around 2013 or 2014 or so. At least Im reading of some activity occurring around then. But we were all sort of turned off by then. I know I wasn't looking at them. I did take the time to look at one that was very reasonably priced, the 2020 and was surprised. I took a chance. Which is why I guess I then looked closer when a 2015 came by at a great price. It was also nicely fitted and functioned. I guess things had changed. I read that they had changed. It was kind of hard to believe. So I am a bit scared about the Ruger acquisition but lets hope the equipment and knowledge carries on. This kind of reminds me of what Harely Davidson went through with is growing pains. Even though cost cutting was instilled, machining and specifications were finally introduced. In the end the growing pains were worth it. Im not longer holding as much of a grudge as I had back then. But I am very aware of what to look for in them as well. Im sure there are still room for improvement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've bought two perfect Remington made marlins in the last month, both perfect guns. One a 2015 and one a 2020. I think they got their act together around 2013 or 2014 or so. At least Im reading of some activity occurring around then. But we were all sort of turned off by then. I know I wasn't looking at them. I did take the time to look at one that was very reasonably priced, the 2020 and was surprised. I took a chance. Which is why I guess I then looked closer when a 2015 came by at a great price. It was also nicely fitted and functioned. I guess things had changed. I read that they had changed. It was kind of hard to believe. So I am a bit scared about the Ruger acquisition but lets hope the equipment and knowledge carries on. This kind of reminds me of what Harely Davidson went through with is growing pains. Even though cost cutting was instilled, machining and specifications were finally introduced. In the end the growing pains were worth it. Im not longer holding as much of a grudge as I had back then. But I am very aware of what to look for in them as well. Im sure there are still room for improvement.
I am new to Marlins - I have read Remington bought them in December 2007. When did the QA problems begin?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Cowboy, a GBL, a Guide Gun and an 1894 in 44 mag. All Remlins and I would not consider trading a single one of them. I know Remington’s reputation was well deserved but mine are wonderful. I can not recommend them enough. My earliest model was the guide gun at 2015.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am new to Marlins - I have read Remington bought them in December 2007. When did the QA problems begin?
IIRC I first heard about them in about 2010... but I might have been asleep and missed the early onset of it. Anyone else got a better answer? I purchased an earlier one about that time when I got worried about it. I found a NOS one in a local store to avoid never getting a decent one again. Thats a long time back though. And Im old...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It was right when Remington bought them. 2007 sounds right. They made some hybrid guns till they ran out of parts, then made piss poor guns for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think they made them by Marlin for about a year... then hybrid... then moved... IIRC. It was after the actual move that the crap started.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Awesome looks great!

·
Super Moderator
13,105 Posts
Good looking rifle. Your zero is spot on as well. I have my JM 95CB zero'd in much the same manner, and with my 350gr bullet moving about 1540 if I need to reach out to 200 I only have to put the 3/32nd ivory marbles dot right on top of the animals back.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts