Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the Membership will accept, I will host the postal match this year.

I have given it a lot of thought, and have studied previous posts about the process. To assure a good race, I have enlisted some of my neighbors to cope with the crush of targets to be evaluated, and have permission to use the facilities of American Legion Post 650, Danville, Ohio to accommodate the expected volume.

You can see from my past posts, I can also keep you updated with scans of championship-potential targets that we receive.

Let's just use the same rules that have been used in the recent past and the newer target that's been posted.

All targets should be sent to:

Fred Hanus
14291 Mowery Rd
Danville, OH 43014

God willing, I will be able to deliver the goods.

Open Fire !

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Like it!! Let the shootin' begin!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
thanks for volunteering Fred

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sounds good to me! :eating:

Starting & ending dates?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using the previous guidelines, the match would go from now till August 31.

However, if all you folks get real interested, we could go longer...........

·
Registered
772 Posts
Using the previous guidelines, the match would go from now till August 31.

However, if all you folks get real interested, we could go longer...........

OK, thanks. I intend to mount scopes on several rifles & at the rate I move these days ..... :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Cool! I've never done one of these, and I ain't all that good. But it sounds fun!

·
Registered
772 Posts
question:

Is a Stevens M72 considered a lever gun? It is a falling block 22LR, but it is operated by a lever. :questionmark:

Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm okay with it too................Unless he beats me!

So then, you won't withdraw your approval - unless I beat you? :flute: :flute: :flute:
Well, with my eyesight I don't think you need to worry too much. :tee:

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looky here, folks. Surely ( Not Shirley), surely you all can do better than this :

postal match 2014 001.jpg

Please get to the range and send targets !

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Would you kind gents entertain the notion of extending the qualifying period to September 30? I may not be able to make that deadline but my chances are decent. August 31 is not attainable in the slightest.
Many thanks either way.
Thanks Fred, you're a gentleman and a scholar.
Ss

·
Registered
772 Posts
Would you kind gents entertain the notion of extending the qualifying period to September 30? I may not be able to make that deadline but my chances are decent. August 31 is not attainable in the slightest.
Many thanks either way.
Thanks Fred, you're a gentleman and a scholar.
Ss

I'll second this - my wife's health issues have kept me at home, so extra time would be great!

Reactions: erimort

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
what link is the target and I guess it open to lever actions no matter what caliber?

·
Registered
772 Posts
what link is the target and I guess it open to lever actions no matter what caliber?

The first post mentions that basically the 2013 rules / target will be used. The easiest thing to do is go to the forum & look up Bullsnakes 2013 match.

Reactions: FredBuddy

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Since Sidespin and Merle1 are asking for an extension of time to submit targets, we will go until September 30th. I understand the illness issue, as that's what happened to me last year.

Also, I have not exactly been overwhelmed by targets so far, although I anxiously wait by the mail box each day. In fact, I have received no, as in zero, targets to date.

Marlin Owners-----------well, what else can I say ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts