Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is going to be very hard to surpass the success WE have accomplished in our just completed 2011 Raffle. I'm trying to think what to offer. I really can't see offering a new Marlington/Remlin 444 rifle; I know of no one who wants one, do you? Should I/We look to getting a really nice used 444 rifle, a rifle made by Marlin®? Should we look to raffle something else, and if so, what? What are your thoughts/ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
I'd like to see things offered (as a group) from our members/industry partners, a set of sights, scope- w/rings & base, one of levers beutiful slings/buttcuffs, bullets or boolits from RD etc. The winner can pick and choose what they want/need from what's offered (before MO pays). Although this probably won't generate as much interest/money. Just an idea.

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
We usually let the IP's do what they want with special offers.. but it may be something we can consider a used real nice rifle with the IP's add on's maybe.. we have time to kick around many ideas and you never know what lurks over the other side..

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is just a thought, but maybe we could beat the bushes & find a NIB/LNIB outfitter, 444P. With all the guys cuttin' down their 444's, a 444P might do well.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I don't know what the percentage is of the members who prefer the older rifles over the newer stuff, but an original 1893 or 1894 may have some interest.

I would certainly put my money in for that.

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Whatever it may be you can put me in for it!! A used .444 would be just fine with me!!!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I agree that it will be hard to beat.

Maybe items like reloader with dies, brass and all the fixins. Scope mounts rings etc. Scout scope set up with ghost rings, large lever etc.

Basically all the trimmings to accessorize a custom 444 or a 444P.

Count me in whatever it is.

We know it will be good.

Thanks for everything Dawei.

mckmain

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Does it have to be a 444?What about a Marlin Cowboy gun? JD

·
Super Moderator
15,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jackdaniels said:
Does it have to be a 444?What about a Marlin Cowboy gun? JD
Well we are the 444 Marlin® forum, so the rifle new, used, or custom; needs to be a 444. That is not to say that Team(s) 45/70, 30/30, 35 Remington, et. al. can't hold a raffle for their favorite caliber. They would have the same problem however, in that their new rifle of choice would be a Marlington/Remlin also.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Well, you're probably right about nobody really wanting a new Ilion Marlin until such a time that they get their quality issues sorted out. I see no problem with finding a nice used 444, myself. We actually might be able to track down a NIB North Haven rifle. I see at least two on gunbroker right now, one is a 2009, the other is a 2006 XLR. I'd personally enter the raffle for either a used or a NIB old stock one. The idea of adding accessories seems cool, too, although on certain accessories it seems difficult to get people to agree on what their favorite accessories are ;D

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
a 444 built to mirror a GBL would be neat. Guide guns are popular enough Id bet enough guys would pony up to make getting one built worth It.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
miatakix said:
Well, you're probably right about nobody really wanting a new Ilion Marlin until such a time that they get their quality issues sorted out. I see no problem with finding a nice used 444, myself. We actually might be able to track down a NIB North Haven rifle. I see at least two on gunbroker right now, one is a 2009, the other is a 2006 XLR. I'd personally enter the raffle for either a used or a NIB old stock one. The idea of adding accessories seems cool, too, although on certain accessories it seems difficult to get people to agree on what their favorite accessories are ;D
I agree with miatakix, +1. I do not yet have a .444, but there must be rare variations of this fine caliber on any of the auction sites. I also think that offering one or two used guns to more than one MO member would also increase participation or finding a great NIB gun for 1 winner.

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
Well you actioned off the last. Now you just need to find the first. Or at least find a nice first year gun.

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
I think if you put the 444 Community to work, scouring the boards and auction sites and local stores, they're bound to come up with some really nice guns, and you could decide how to proceed from there. I'd have no problem with winning a nice used gun. 8)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Could we consider an alternate prize for International members? Maybe an auction for States side members and send the cash to the International winner? You know, someone charming from Canada or Sweden or such.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll be watching to see what you come up with. Count me in for a chance at new or used.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
How about getting a 444 Remlin & having a GOOD CUSTOM GUNSMITH customize it?? 444 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
How about a nice used 444P like some others have suggested, outfitted with some extras from Levergun Leather? Maybe like a hunting package?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.