Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice shooting guys, looks like I need to spend some more time at the range. Cant wait till next years match.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
wow, not many entries this year!

I know, I never seemed to get around to shooting a target. I seemed to be always testing loads.

Congrats to those that did enter.

Reactions: njcioffi

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll be in Next year. I didn't get my 1st Marlin until it was too late for this year!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Very disappointing to see only three shooters. In years past, there have been many more. I'll be on this next time around, for sure.

·
Super Moderator
6,568 Posts
I fully intended to get in this year, and just put it off until I completely spaced it (dern Asylum rants distracting me). Next year I'm in for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I would have sent some 50 yard targets in but the range where I shoot had temporarily removed that target board while doing some range improvements.
I had the ammuntion loaded for 100 yards a couple of weeks before the end of the match but was unable to get to the range before 9/1 (drats!).

w30wcf

Reactions: jumper780

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Congratulations to the winners for this year.
The owner of the only outdoor range within 135 miles sold his property to a real estate developer last March. I found you can't drive down some old county dirt road and get off more than two or three shots before you see a dust cloud being thrown up by a rapidly approaching deputies pickup truck. Locals have problem with people herding cattle into a fence corner, shooting one, taking a quarter or half beef and driving away. Under those circumstances I don't blame land owners for being anti-gun as a whiteface hereford or black angus is a fair amount of money at market time.
I vow I will find a local rancher and get me a place to shoot next year. Might try a bribe of letting him shoot my 32-40 a few times. Introduce him to this web site and let him read for himself what kind of guys Marlin owners are.
Either way congratulations again, and the same to you Rowdy and others who worked hard behind the scenes to make this a success. Shenandoah

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
I have no excuses, I just didn't get it done. Sorry fellows, I'll try to do better next year, provided you choose to have one. I really could not blame you if you didn't after our poor turnout this year. I hope you do and I fully intend to enter. Rowdy, you can hold me to that. Fom

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry I never made it this year, I got to tied up in hunting this year,I know that is no excuse.
Rowdy you do an excellent job and I thank you for your time.
I will be in next year with the zipper,444 and my 450 so lookout guy,s, And congratulations to the winners. Steve!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts