Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Just printed my opening weekend Gun Season Permit.. I'm a happy camper even though it doesn't start until 1st weekend in November. That being said I think it will get here fairly quickly. I hunt central Florida and enjoy the time in field with friends. This year will be our first year in a trailer camp, previously tents.... I was just curious who all has applied for opening weekend permits and who got picked and for where.

Tell us where you hunt (general location :biggrin:) and what you hunt. Also would like to know what you'll be hunting with (bow, which rifle, etc).

I'll be hunting hogs & deer, gun only. Will start off with one of the 444P's and will likely switch mid season to the 45/70's and 450's.

Can't get here soon enough...

1895gunner

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Hey Gunner, picked up my quota permit for Blackwater WMA Friday morning. I also hunt Eglin property, but permits done't go on sale until October 1st. I'll probably use the bow, .45-70 GS, and .357 revolver most. Maybe my .30-06 in some of the open ground; around here the only open ground is the gas line. The area I used to hunt has become infested with coyotes so I'm going to do lots of exploring while I hunt this year; or hunting while I'm exploring. I'll hunt for deer the most. Plenty of small game around, but no one in the family but me will eat it so I'm not gonna kill 'em if I (or someone else) won't eat 'em. I am entertaining the thought of taking the AR-15 and having a talk with those coyotes though.........

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well 4T57T, I'm with you. I may be hunting with the ported 1895GS this season. I've been shooting a bunch of 405's out of her and the accuracy is uncanny. Even more so than all of my other jacketed loads.

Can't wait for the season to start!

1895gunner

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've had a good season to-date but still haven't brought any meat home. Headed to deer camp down the road in the AM for the last weekend of the season. Have enjoyed every minute of being out there and still look forward to each new day with anticipation.

Hope everyone enjoyed their time in the field this year regardless of your outcome.

1895gunner

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good to see some public land hunters from Florida! Let us know how things finish for you. I spent this last weekend in Aucilla WMA but they close the 30th. More doe than you can count and one giant buck (8 pt) being chased by dogs--in the still hunt area of course.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Man you guys are still hunting deer? Our season ended almost 2 weeks ago, I wish I could still hunt now. Small game for me until the seasons end in Feb. Good luck,

Stu

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Deer Hunting (rifle, M/L & archery) ends on the 6th in Tn. Youth hunters get 12 & 13 Jan for one more chance. In Kentucky all firearms seasons are over, save for free youth hunting which is going on now, 29 & 30 December. Archery deer continues until 21 January in Kentucky, but crossbow ends on the 31st of December.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.