Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
I'd hate to think they had fun making all that noise ;D What did the winner get?

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Very good . I have watched cowboy action and some speed competition but I'm cheap and shoot in the hills not that you could tell as my parents taught me to leave it better than I found it.
The local range went from $5 a day to $5 a gun and you can't go down range anytime you need to. Even so I think they do a good thing. :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm glad I'm not in any of those pictures.I shot so bad I needed to have a paper sack on my head so that no one would recognize me.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Well look at the up side dgslr you would have been photographed with some great shooters ;D

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Tim,
Thank you for the excellent post and photos!
Congratulations on your fine shooting!

w30wcf

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Centex Bill said:
How do I find out a schedule of Texas Cowboy Silhouette Matches?

Bill
Bill -

We have Cowboy silhouette matches in conjunction with the NRA Hunter Pistol matches at Austin Rifle Club on 2nd Sundays. Smallbore in the morning, Pistol Cartridge in the afternoon. Usually a 60 round match for both, occasionally it'll be 60 round smallbore, 40 round pistol cartridge. Here's a link to the directions/map to the range:
http://austinrifleclub.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=60

Then at New Braunfels the CTSA does the same format every 4th Sunday, January thru October. Almost always a 60 round smallbore and 40 round pistol cartridge match. Here's a link to the directions/map of the CTSA range:
http://silhouette-texas.us/map.htm

Haltom City near FtWorth usually has a match on 1st Saturdays, however their range is closed for that date of the month due to range construction for the next several months.

-Tim

·
Registered
632 Posts
Centex Bill said:
How do I find out a schedule of Texas Cowboy Silhouette Matches?

Bill

CTSA also shots CLA centerfire on the second Sunday of the month Feb.thru OCT. along with IHMSA pistol matches.PSC in Friendswood ,TX south of Houston shoots NRA Hunters pistol,Smallbore CLA,and Pistol Cartridge CLA on the first Saturday of the month.They also shoot IHMSA and NRA CLA Centerfire,Pistol Cartridge,and Smallbore on the 3rd Saturday of the month.Greenwood Gun Club at Lake Jackson,TX shoots IHMSA and NRA CLA on the 4th Sunday Feb. thru Sept.I think they shoot on the 4th Sunday at H.O.T.S.A. near Coolidge ,Tx where the State CLA centerfire match was held.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts