Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the 22 magnum bolt actions (like the 925m) aren't in the 2011 catalog. The catalog must have left out some of their vast assortment of products. What have they officially discontinued for 2011?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've been told the 925 safety only blocks the trigger from moving and no way stops the sear from disengaging.
Do youi know if that's true?

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Remington gutted the bolt action line. There's only a few wood stock models left and they all have a new trigger system. None of the previous model designations exist anymore. They have all been replaced with a new XT designation. How much the base rifle is still the same as the previous models I don't know. They be the same rifle, re-badged and with the new trigger but like I said, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Eli Chaps said:
Remington gutted the bolt action line. There's only a few wood stock models left and they all have a new trigger system. None of the previous model designations exist anymore. They have all been replaced with a new XT designation. How much the base rifle is still the same as the previous models I don't know. They be the same rifle, re-badged and with the new trigger but like I said, I don't know.
What Erik said. All the rimfire bolt guns went to the new XT series. Mostly plastic stocks but there are some hardwood and laminate.

·
Premium Member
11,081 Posts
Eli Chaps said:
Erik,
I was involved with the manufacturing processes for the XT series rifles before I seperated from the company.

The receiver for the most part is the same, except for a few cuts and hole locations.

The breech bolt is totally new, with a .25" longer bolt handle to make for easier opening for kids.

The fire control system and the safety are a new design.
The stocks are all new with a little different contour to please the marketeers. They are also plastic, and modular in their mold design, so they can change the look of the forearm and the length of pull on the butt.

The barrels are the same as the older guns, but have a new Rollmarks.

Sights are also unchanged.

The biggest changes are the cocking cam pin that was at 6:00 is changed to a roller that rides in the bolt slot at 2:00. Consequently the front and rear bolts are totally different. The bolts no longer can be taken apart easily for cleaning, as there is a collar nut that holds them together, and special tools are required.

The new Savage/XL style trigger with the safety release paddle and fire control system.

Slight changes in the striker and striker knob too.

The heart of the rifle being the sights and the barrel.........XT is just a different "color" animal.........I guess the fire control system is said to be better, but then all improvements are said to be better......The 900 series FCS was good in my estimation, too.

Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't had a chance to see a catalog but I'm glad I got an urge to get a 982Vs just before Christmas, new in the box. The dealer must of had it in the back for a while. It has a 946 SN. I traded off a 882VSS about ten years ago. Big mistake, after some trigger work it was the most accurate shooter I had. I wanted to get another 22 mag. and saw the 982vs and it is the same gun except for the 900 series trigger. After hearing of all these problems I sure am glad I didn't get a new production piece. I hope I did figure the date right, first two digits of sn. subtract from 100? That should put it back to before all the hassles started. Quick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts