Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to do something a little different with my GBL and I kept going back and forth on the stocks. I started looking for an 1895 ss that I could rob the wood from, thinking I would just put the laminate on it. I had a spare 1897 century stock also that I needed a matching forearm for. Long story short I put the 1895ss wood on the GBL, then installed the 1897 century stock and a matching checkered forearm on it, and this was the results.

For those of you that are interested this stock is in stock at Numerichs and it is less than 60.00. I did not have to do a thing to it, just bolt it on the gun. I was very pleased.

I may put the skinners on the SS and scope the GBL, or I may just scope them both. Currently looking for something in 2.5x or 1-4x Leupold version.

Pics attached to help feed the disease......and practice my enabling.

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Wood Revolver
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Wood

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Wow that turned out to be a very successful project. eh

Reactions: Nodrama43

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas. It is an obvious decrease in weight going from the laminated wood to the walnut. I am not sure how much but I noticed it right off.

That 1897 stock for 58.00 is a heck of a buy I think. I may grab another one just to have a spare.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
She's a beauty for sure!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I am so looking forward to being able to finally hunt with these lever guns in Ohio. Matt what scope are you using?
My scope is a 2-7x32 Nikon Prostaff on low rings. Great scope for not all that bad of a price. I have the same one on my .35 Rem XLR.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Nice lookin furniture! Great Job:tee:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Good lookin rifle! :congrats:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was able to snag this Leupold M8 2.5 Compact for it today. It is like new (built in 1984) and I am addicted to these M8 compact scopes like I am Marlin Lever guns. It will be perfect on the GBL !!

Material property Tool Metal

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I was able to snag this Leupold M8 2.5 Compact for it today. It is like new (built in 1984) and I am addicted to these M8 compact scopes like I am Marlin Lever guns. It will be perfect on the GBL !!

View attachment 100305
Looks like the perfect size

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks great.

I have spoken with the enablers committee and you have been awarded 2,000 enabler points for the photos and the location where they too can order the furniture.

Ken
Unofficial, Self Appointed Enabler Committee Point Treasury Chairman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.