Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Thread Closed - 2007 JM 336XLR .30-30 Like New with 3-9x40 scope and Marlin Bag

No takers on this Marlin so closing this thread.

Like new rarely shot JM 2007 336XLR .30-30 with Barska 3-9x40 scope on Leopold rings and base plus Marlin Bag - as ya'll know all my guns are in pristine condition and this one is par for the course. $900 shipped priority mail with insurance in the USA. Gotta pay that dentist bill for wife's oral procedure and retiree income does not allow for much extra expenses these days so my loss is your gain....

Your FFL must accept shipment from non-FFL or will need to charge the extra $25 from my FFL.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

GB45

You guys don't know how long these things are sitting on my screen before I hit the SUBMIT button - - -
Emoticon Yellow Smiley Icon Smile

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am a bit surprised I have not had a single message on this one - I have seen lesser XLR's without scope, rings, and bag sell for similar prices recently. If I don't get any interest this week I will be putting it on Gunbroker but I wanted to give the MO's first chance at her....

GB45

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would much rather keep this original Marlin in our Marlin Owners ranks so I will drop the price just this once to $850 shipped to your FFL. If I do not get a taker by Saturday June 14th she will go on Gunbroker... Not interested in any trades as I have more than I can use -

Thanks

GB45

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the XLR out to the range today and fired 5 shots right out of the bag with the scope as set from the last time I zeroed her.

100 yards - - - factory new Federal .30-30 POWER-SHOK 170 Grain Softpoint RN

The red center is smaller than a nickel - the first ring is 1 3/4 inch diameter.

Wind was blowing about 10 mph swirling as the range is a bit of a bowl with the berms on 3 sides...

I did not get to take the target out to the 200 yard berm due to T-storms coming into the area.

Fun gun to shoot - I may have to keep her - -

Shooting sport Recreation Target archery Circle Individual sports

GB45

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am wondering what the 336XLR would look like with WALNUT STOCKS instead of the LAMINATED STOCKS? I may try switching some around and see what it looks like. I just might keep the XLR if it looks good with walnut... Ya'll know I like wood.... I could just order a set of woodies and refinish them my way...

GB45

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
If you want to sell the wood might be interested

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I go that route I will let you know. If someone had a set of walnut pistol grip stocks with some nice figure in them I might do an even swap if that was workable...

GB45

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Golf buddy; I put Walnut on my XLR in 35 Rem. and it looks awesome. If I could figure out how to put a picture on this site I would show you. If you send me an email address I can send pictures.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My 1895GS looks good in walnut but I like the laminate on my XLR. I did see an 1895GS with the grey laminate and it looked sharp. I don't really care for the brown laminate on some of the new 336s.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Closing this thread - guess summertime vacations are more important than buying guns :hmmmm:

Have not decided if I will post this on GB or not yet. Still thinking about changing the laminate stocks to Walnut and keep the gun....

GB45

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.