Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1229 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
2007/ 2008 Hunting Kills ( graphic content)

Ken is the official Deer Sniper eh? I hope to have a nasty old hawg pic for you folks fairly soon. The hawgs are still in the brush but will be coming out to the winter wheat etc. really soon. I just put up a year round fenced in feeder and other inticements in my favorite spot. The deer and ***** :wink: are already there but no hawgs yet.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Bagged a big old Osceola

What a hunt! I decided to slip in to a spot about 10 miles from the house where I had roosted some hens friday night. I had about 1-1/2hrs before getting ready for church. About 15 min before legal light, an owl set off this big boy. I waited a little while and began soft calling. He was "JACKED UP". He Gobbled his fool head off for nearly 1/2 an hour. He was in a pine tree maybe 100yds from me. The other hens started in from off to my left and I was worried he would head to them. Not today. He bailed out of the tree and flew straight to me. He landed 30yds from me and went into srtut mode. I finally waxed him at 20 yds.
11-1/2" beard
Spurs 1-3/16" & 3/4"(broken)
20lbs

He looks a little nasty from sitting in the cooler :roll:

The original kill photo...

·
Registered
849 Posts

Shucks..didn't get a photo, took the buck directly to my friend for processing. He lives only about 3 miles from my woods..

Congrats on the kills you guys have there.
Even if i did have pics, I couldn't post them here..to complicated for an old, PC challenged man to manage.
I did post some pics of this year's groundhogs that I have gotten , over on Graybeard's.
It is rather simple top post directly from my picture files directly onto a post at Graybeard's.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts

Great ! But lets have a little info on the ammo. 30/30 or 35 ? 150, 165, 170, 200 grain bullet etc. Factory or Handload.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts

Here is a Georigia Doe that I killed that weighed around 200lb. Most of the deer here are small but every now and then you get a chance at a good mature one.

Reactions: miket156

·
Registered
20,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Nice... I sure hope I can score this year.. No venison sucks..

·
Registered
275 Posts

Great pics on here. I can hardly wait to see what happens for fall.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Today after work I hit the woods in search of the big one, I had my trusty 30-30 in hand, and my M10 on my hip. I ended up getting a doe and almost killing myself trying to get her in the back of the truck. Ended up being a one shot stop at around 50 yards. She weighs an estimated 120 pounds, which is almost how much I weigh (135 pounds). So try lifting almost your own body weight into the back of a pickup truck that has a broken tailgate (won't open). My back is paying for that one, but in the end it is more than worth the slight amount of discomfort. I can concentrate on the big one now that I have some meat in the freezer.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Ok here are a couple of pics for everyone. Sorry that they are not the best, something was aching which took my motivation away from climbing in and poseing.

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts

She looks nice and healthy. Did you scratch her to death? :lol: :lol: Congrats and thanks for the pics.

Dave 8)

·
Registered
20,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thats a nice size doe for sure.. Congrats.. :lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts

Thanks guys, VTDW I was not aware that you could scratch a deer to death. Are you supposed to try and rope them first.? :lol: I was very surprised not to see any ticks on her. As far as her health the area that I hunt is loaded with oak trees, so they pig out on the acorns for sure.

1 - 20 of 1229 Posts