Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2004 Lever Action JUBILEE set for October 30 & 31 in Ridgway, PA.

Bring your Marlins / Winchesters / Savages & numerous rounds of ammunition (jacketed or cast bullets) to Ridgway Rifle Club, located on Grant Road in Ridgway, PA for some lever action silhouette fun!

- Bring as many rifles as you want! Some for show too!
- Two classes: iron sight / scope
- Use a different rifle at each distance if you want to!
- Entry fee: $5.00 per day - shoot one or both days
- Cartridges may be single loaded

This is a fuunnn match, first and foremost. The main idea is for lever gun enthusiasts to get together in a relaxed atmosphere to talk about and shoot our favorite lever astion rifles at extended distances.

Course of fire: NRA HIGH POWER RIFLE SILHOUETTE
chickens - 200m / pigs - 300m / turkeys - 385m / rams - 500m
40 shot match each day - 10 shots at each distance + as many sighting shots that you need!
Shooting position: freestyle (sitting, prone, etc.) Slings ok but no artificial supports like cross sticks.

Saturday, October 30
10:00 - Range open for sighting in & practice
1:00 - 1st relay to the firing line.

Sunday, October 31
8:00 - Range open for sighting in & practice
10:00 - 1st relay to the firing line

Side match each day - Tres Banditos team shoot - Fastest time on five targets @ 300 meters

The clubhouse is available Saturday night for an overnight stay. Bring your sleeping bag / cot.
The Royal Inn is located within 10 minutes of the range. Phone: 814-773-3153
Hope to see you there!

w30wcf

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Cool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Went on saturday :!: The weather wasn't the best , but I still had a great time . John and the rest of the guys made me feel really welcome :!: In the future anyone close should try to make it . I drove 3 hours each way and have all intentions of doing it next year. My shooting wasn't great but I did hit one or two :D Had never shot open sights or cast bullets past 200yards before , closest target here was 200 meters ( about 220 yards ) :!: Again I had a great time :!:

G

·
John,

I was hoping for a report from the lever gun match and was glad to see you got one of the forum members to attend. How many lever enthusiasts attend this type of match? If you're attending the states at Williamsport next year do me a favor & remind me of the Ridgway match. Thanks.

6pt Sika,
Now that you've fired at steel critters and enjoyed it, why don't you join us at Williamsport (Consolidated Sportsmen of Lycoming County) next year? They shoot cowboy leveraction silhouette on the fourth Saturday of the month, usually beginning in March. Targets are chickens @ 50M to rams @ 200M. If it takes 3 hours for you to get to Ridgway it will probably take 1 hour to get to Williamsports range.

Best regards,

G

·
Steelbanger said:
John,

I was hoping for a report from the lever gun match and was glad to see you got one of the forum members to attend. How many lever enthusiasts attend this type of match? If you're attending the states at Williamsport next year do me a favor & remind me of the Ridgway match. Thanks.

6pt Sika,
Now that you've fired at steel critters and enjoyed it, why don't you join us at Williamsport (Consolidated Sportsmen of Lycoming County) next year? They shoot cowboy leveraction silhouette on the fourth Saturday of the month, usually beginning in March. Targets are chickens @ 50M to rams @ 200M. If it takes 3 hours for you to get to Ridgway it will probably take 1 hour to get to Williamsports range.

Best regards,
I was gonna come this year(to the state in Bradford) but I went to Virginia that weekend. I can get to Dugans in about 50 minutes. There were 5 of us saturday , but it was real rainy and windy. I have downloaded a membership form for your club, may just join . Are the silhouette's where you can get to them anytime you want to shoot if you are a member? I live in Dickson City . Remember I have only been living here for about 2 months, so thats why you didn't have the pleasure or displeasure of my company at your shoots this past year :D

G

·
Steelbanger, you guys shoot rifle caliber lever, pistol caliber lever and 22 lever . Correct ? Rifle caliber is out to 200 and the pistol and 22 is only 100 , correct ?

G

·
6pt Sika,

CSLC (Consolidated) does shoot all three guns, but on different days. For the last two years, 22 and pistol cartridge were shot on second & fourth Thursday evenings. These are fired from 40 to 100 meters. The cowboy lever action matches are fired fourth Saturday of the month, 50 to 200 meters. I'll post here & elsewhere when I get the new schedules. Once you try it you'll be hooked.

I'm not a member there, just another 55 mile commuter but I make most matches. The targets are locked up but some members have access to them.

Welcome to the soon to be frozen north.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts