Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I got the H&R slug gun . I couldn't find any sabot slugs at any of the dealers around here, after hunting season and all I wasn't surprised. Anyway I had one of my local dealers order me some. He ordered 2 boxes Federal 3" with Barnes Expander , 2 boxes of 2.75" Remington Ultra Core Lokt and 2 boxes of Winchester 2.75" Partition Gold. Well I knew they would not be cheap , but the cost for those 6 boxes was $102 and some change . The dam 20 gauge slugs cost quite a bit more then the 12 gauge . Imagine that :roll: Any way I hope to try them out today or this weekend.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Did you say you got a shotgun or a Polorid camera. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
20 gauge slugs

I also am having a hard time locating sabot slugs.Last week I purchased an NEF Tracker II with rifled barrel.I wanted to shoot it and all the local store had was regular Remington "Slugger".I bought six boxes and ordered 12 boxes of sabot slugs.
I was really surprised at the range to get a 3"x4" five shot group at 100 yards.I am looking forward to receiving the sabots I ordered to see if that group can be improved upon.

Stan

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought one of the H&R Ultra slug guns in 20 gauge, a couple of years ago. I literally spent more money for slugs than I did for the gun! Sabot slugs are not cheap but are well worth the money for the accuracy and performance you get.
6pt-sika, I found that the Federal 3" Barnes Expander (P209XS) to be most accurate in my gun. Not cheap, but the most accurate.
I bought some 3" Magtech brass hulls to try and load my own sabot rounds using .500 S&W bullets. The first big snag is, where to get the sabot. Does anyone have any idea on where to get sabots for a 20 gauge using .500 bullets?

Jim

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
james8719 said:
I bought one of the H&R Ultra slug guns in 20 gauge, a couple of years ago. I literally spent more money for slugs than I did for the gun! Sabot slugs are not cheap but are well worth the money for the accuracy and performance you get.
6pt-sika, I found that the Federal 3" Barnes Expander (P209XS) to be most accurate in my gun. Not cheap, but the most accurate.
I bought some 3" Magtech brass hulls to try and load my own sabot rounds using .500 S&W bullets. The first big snag is, where to get the sabot. Does anyone have any idea on where to get sabots for a 20 gauge using .500 bullets?

Jim
Ballistic Products Inc.
Box 293/20015 75th Avenue North
Corcoran, MN 55340
888-273-5623 (Orders)
763-494-9237 (Information & Services)

www.ballisticproducts.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
20 Gauge slug accuracy

The sabot slugs did dismally in the accuracy department.The plain old Remington "Slugger" which is an all lead Foster type slug did great.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts