Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to rush to get 2 more done for a show in Seattle last weekend. Just got back and figured you all would like to see what I did.

First a large Raised clip Bowie. 11.5" blade and 5,460 year old bog oak for the handle. The Hamon on this one came out GREAT. Then the balance on this was spectacular if I do say so myself.

Then a neat little persian inspired bowie with feather pattern damascus and damascus fittings. The handle is a piece of artifact Walrus ivory, Natives used it to make fishhooks.

Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
WOW bldsmith, Very nice! I like that big old Bowie.:congrats:

Mop

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Excellent.

Brocky

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Those are pretty awesome!! Niiiiicceee handiwork...

·
Premium Member
11,172 Posts
Beautiful work............I like them both!

I'm actually a little surprised they both came BACK from the show!..........I'm sure you had a lot of interest in tem from attendee's at the show....

Thanks for sharing...

Tom

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Actually they did not come back from the show. The bowie sold before the show and the damascus piece was left with the show promoter who is also a purveyor. Was a great show.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again. I think that bowie or a derivation of it will be a regular from now on . It came out even better than I had thought. It lasted a total of 30 seconds after I showed the first person the day before the show. Nice to know the show was a success even before it began.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
bldsmith, you definitely got some great skills going there. Nice work. Take care, John.

·
Registered
20,530 Posts
BEAUTIFUL work Sir!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice, wow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts