Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this. I have a weakness for stainless.
I took her apart by the feel of it, she'll require some polishing.
It's Remlin with REP J on the bbl. Ser.# starts with MR. I have some cast 405gr all set, just need some time to get to the range. Eventually she'll wear some peeps.

·
Registered
325 Posts
She's a beauty, the checkering looks a lot better than most Rems I've seen.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
+1 on that forearm. Would have made a real nice smoothie too. Congrats on the shoulder cannon:congrats:

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
Yup......sure looks like a good one.........congrats!
Like I said before.........Remlin is getting their stuff together.
You check em good before you buy em & you greatly reduce your chances of getting stuck with a lemon.

Oh yah, you might not have heard this before ......... great wood ! :congrats:

I have a Remlin stainless Guide Gun. The wood's not as good as yours but she shoots like a dream.
It was an early Remlin........one of the first off the lines at Ilion ......they were alot rougher NIB back then.
I rebuilt her with custom parts from Brownells and Wild West Guns & about 2 days of hard work .......stripping down to basic parts, then cleaning deburring & polishing until the internals were mirror smooth & installing new springs and a WWG "Trigger Happy" kit.

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice! I have the same one and it works very well. It shoots cast most of the time. The trigger happy kit is worth it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Deer Deer hunting Horn Wildlife Scrap
Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Wood
This is my GG. There are many like it but this one is mine.... There 's a trick to get two bucks to lie down to take their picture.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Beautiful guide gun. I love my Remlin SBL made in June 2012. Welcome to MO, and Have fun with your new beauty!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I stripped her down lastnite, layed all the parts out and one by one between 1500 grit emery and Arkansas stone I polished all applicable parts. She glides now. Smooth as silk. I made up some rounds using a cast Lee 405gr and IMR 4198 loads. I'm curious as to how the 40.5gr loads will feel. Tomorrow (Fri) I hope to get out as long as it doesn't rain. Cheers all :D

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Gun Firearm Shooting Shooting sport Outdoor recreation
Welcome to the short, handy, powerhouse Marlin 45-70 club. This a friend shooting mine. Just fine.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I just got this. I have a weakness for stainless.
I took her apart by the feel of it, she'll require some polishing.
It's Remlin with REP J on the bbl. Ser.# starts with MR. I have some cast 405gr all set, just need some time to get to the range. Eventually she'll wear some peeps.
It Look's a Whole lot like a Twin Sister I have Sgt. Mine's one of the JM's . I love how all that Fire" and that Fright" Train Bullet come fly's out that sucker in the late evening just about dark outside , nothing quit like sittin at the range in the evening and feeling that muzzle blast man . Make Ever body around ya take notice :biggrin: The wood on your Does look pretty good on your new one there for sure . Checkering look's a Whole lot better than some I've seen . Look's nice , hope it does well for ya my Friend .... the 45~70 Marlin Guide Gun is a Sweet Mo~chean . Congrats to ya Sir .:tee:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Well I stripped her down lastnite, layed all the parts out and one by one between 1500 grit emery and Arkansas stone I polished all applicable parts. She glides now. Smooth as silk. I made up some rounds using a cast Lee 405gr and IMR 4198 loads. I'm curious as to how the 40.5gr loads will feel. Tomorrow (Fri) I hope to get out as long as it doesn't rain. Cheers all :D
:biggrin:good for you Brother" , let me Know how ya like that 40 and 1/2gr load of IMR 4198 powder ya got made up for the ole girl . :congrats:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
View attachment 103987 Welcome to the short, handy, powerhouse Marlin 45-70 club. This a friend shooting mine. Just fine.
:biggrin: Love to see the young Lady's shootin the "Fright Train".... I see the Smoke from that thing Alanna , Alway's be careful and Don't let your eye get too close to the bell on the scope , Sweetie .... Have a Lota fun .... Congrat's to ya ..... thank's for the picture AlaskaDawg :tee: Wish I could get my wife to shoot mine , but SHE's Run's :ahhhhh:for the house " ever time I pull out the Ole Fright Train .

Funny , She shoot's her little 6 in S&W 357 , a 45 acp... 3 inch barrel" , and my Vaquero 44 mag pistol & Rifle , and her 30~30 , but man she won't get Near that 45~70 , lol .... She say's just look's of that big~0 cartage , scar's her toooo much .... lol She's a pretty small Lady" though , bout like Alanna there , so that's ok too , I don't push the subject at all , bedside's if she like the thing , Then I'd have to brake down and find Her one , so I'm kinda glad she don't know what she's missin :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.