Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son's 1998 Jeep Cherokee is a pretty cool piece of gear. He's spent a lot of time and money, setting it up to suit his wants. Yesterday we explored a couple of great dirt/rock roads here in Central Washington and I snapped a few photos of his Blue Beast. It's got the good old 4.0 liter inline six, automatic, 4.56:1 gears, air-operated Ox lockers front and rear, about 5" of suspension and a set of nice 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson tires. Quite a rig! I think Mama and I will help him out with the purchase of a winch for his birthday. Is his project done? No.... I don't think these things are ever "done." But it sure is cool. Works great in our rocky, muddy, sandy, snowy mountains.

Guy

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
When are you going to vacation in Alaska with this fine rig? Compliments to your son and agree - these things are never done… a part of the enjoyment.

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Nice little ride.My sister used to be into Jeeps back in the day.She gave me her 81 Wrangler to take down to Fl with me after she bought a vehicle.I drove the piss out of it ,then sold it a while back.Was allot of fun and I miss it.All drive these days are Ford work trucks.

Reactions: M700

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I love Jeeps, I miss my 2001 Cherokee I had to get rid of when I got too many kids....darn those kids...I look forward to the day I can drive a Jeep again.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
nice rig, I really like Cherokee's. I've amazed a lot of people by showing them 1st hand where a stock Cherokee is capable of going.

they're heavier than a CJ/YJ/TJ/whatever they're calling them now, but a lot more comfortable to ride in

Really wish I had my old Comanchee back

...not mine, but similar
89comanchee.jpg

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Very nice rig Guy. Those cherokee's are certainly off road capable. I have had several including a commanchee. I have owned more jeeps and american motors vehicles (amc eagles) then any others. I always seem to come back to them as I just bought a 2001 grand cherokee with pretty low miles to be my trailer towing, hunting, and winter car
Karl

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
nice rig, I really like Cherokee's. I've amazed a lot of people by showing them 1st hand where a stock Cherokee is capable of going.

they're heavier than a CJ/YJ/TJ/whatever they're calling them now, but a lot more comfortable to ride in

Really wish I had my old Comanchee back

...not mine, but similar
View attachment 110056
Wish I could find a Comanche too! Couldn't be better, a pickup version of a Cherokee.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
That's pretty awesome!!

Had a '00 sport, best vehicle I ever owned... almost cried when it had to be put down...
Wish I had fixed it...

Reactions: cpttuna and M700

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
good lookin' vehicle

Reactions: M700

·
Registered
22,421 Posts
Had an 84, 89, Cherokee. Sold the '89 with 294,000 miles on it to a kid for $5,000. Then I got a 1995 Grand Cherokee Limited 8 cyl, sold it to a friend, again for $5,000. It had 289,000 miles on it. he drove it until he was T-boned two years later and his insurance gave him . . . $5,000. seems to be the magic figure. I then got a 2004, got hit by other cars so many times, (don't drive red JEEPS) I traded it for a 2006 HEMI, (black) which I am still driving.

Gr8rtst

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
my 2001 XJ that I bought right after Christmas is beginning to take shape. I have been transforming it from stock to trail worthy. I have gone through just about everthing. Lift, wheels and tires, gears and locker parts arriving every day. Gonna rip it apart soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts