Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had some time to take a pic of my 30as. This is the rifle I posted about previously. I slicked up the action, and polished the sear. Now she's slicker than poop through a goose! Sorry for the poor pic. I'll get her in natural light this weekend. I do have a question for you all who have added peeps. Skinner or XS? I prefer the XS front, but have heard terrible things about their customer service. So, lets here it. CAM00139.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sweeeet! I have an '86 30AS that I bought used in '88 for $150, shes a tack driving machine and still looks as good as the day I got her. Congrats!

The Campingman!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is a sweet lookin rifle!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't know where you heard about poor service from XS Sights. I have their sights on 3 Marlins (just put a front sight on my 30AS).

Had to file down the lower front area a little to clear the barrel band. Works great with my newly installed folding Marling rear sight.

Trooper Joe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks trooper. I am leaning that way. I think I'll go with their rear ghost ring also.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Nice rifle!

As for the sights, my Henry H009 came with XS ghost ring sights. I like them. I have no experience with CS from either company. I think both are good, so I'd just decide which sights I liked best and go with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts