Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the story, i visited a pawn shop today and ran arcoss a limited cowboy with the 24" barrel(im pretty sure), in 44-40. now i know i can get it for less than 600otd and i think that they even have all the paper work and origional box and the gun looks brand new. I dont have a 1894 and im not to sure on the calibar, am i crazy for even thinking on this one? should i pick it up tomorrow? any input on the model? I do reload but it would take me a while to get to this one(maybe not, she sure was pretty.) thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
My Favorite caliber for 1894..If you pass the baby up, let me know! .You will love the caliber and reloading is not as hard as others make it out to be. ;D

PS...Those are still sought after by the CAS crowd, especially the Holy Black Shooters!

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
Is a Marlin in a Classic Caliber EVER a mistake? You could always sell it if you don't like it.........but I don't see that happening. 8)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Kid Sopris said:
....., especially the Holy Black Shooters!
All Hail the HOLY BLACK

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wouldn't think twice. 24" barrel no longer made. 44-40, not too common. Great shape. and a fun gun to shoot

·
Registered
103 Posts
Now I gotta know what happened?

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Marlin only made the 1894 Cowboy in 44-40 for a few years (1996 to 1999).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
didnt mean to delay things longer than i have, work detained me today and i wasnt able to get back over to the shop. been looking at things and i figure that if its a 24" barrel(im still not 100% sure) then ill jump, especialy if i can get the price down.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
If it's a 20" octagon barrel and a serial that starts with 1894D, you'd best jump on it too. Those are the 1894D Cowboy Carbine Limiteds that were only built in a run of 325 in 2000. The online auctions have went nuts on those. Enough so that I seriously considered selling mine.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im now the proud owner of a 1997 24" 44-40 cowboy limited rifle. its my first 1894, and first 44-40, all for less than 6 bills and witha box of ammo. now i just need to get to the range. it didnt have the box likei thought but its in good shape. and heres a pic for all you fiends.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Very nice rifle in a sleeper caliber. By reloading you will be surprised what it will do. Made a good score on that one. Shenandoah

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great deal and rifle - Awaiting range report

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
When you get ready to load for it and see what a 44-40 can really do, let me know.

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
That rifle is absolutely begging to be shot a lot. I can hear it calling from here. It sure is pretty!

We fiends thank you for the photo. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts