Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like new, has a marlin brand 4x scope, and I REALLY need another one. Can get it out the door for 475.00. Opinions please. Looks to be used very little, if at all. ???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal if the condition is that good. Price can vary depending on location, but one thing seems certain; they ain't gettin' any cheaper!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You've found a winner- in my view. The source of good model 39A's is the used gun market. You can't just order one and wait for it to arrive. You have to find them, and buy them.

I sure would grab that one.

Good luck with it.

M

·
Registered
94 Posts
I recently bought an 1981 39A with a Williams peep sight on it for $549.00. It's in as new condition with little to no wear on any of the moving parts. I feel this was a good buy for a quality built gun. There is no way I would buy any 39A's built after 1988 when they added the saftey and rebounding crap. I shoot cowboy silhouette and these newer guns are always having problems on the firing line.
You made a good buy in my book. Al Foust

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
You don't already have it? ::)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sounds good to me. I gave $450. for my 39D a few months ago. They just keep going up in value. Older ones that is. If Rem quits making them that's when they will be worth more.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
$450 is what I paid for my 39A series D last Spring, and it did not have a Marlin scope on it. ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Went to a gun show today. Saw one 39A with Weaver K4 on it. Asking $450 for it. Looked almost new. They had more knives and junk than guns. Waste of time.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Buy that rifle!

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
csical,
You hit the nail on the head about those post 1988 models. I have one and it is a problem child. I am one of those guys you speak of on the silhouette line trying to get the thing to run. My 1980 mountie works all the time with everything.

I pulled the trigger on this deal. It works all the time and is as accurate as I expected it to be. Yall talked me into it,(as if that was hard). These good 39s are getting harder to find; passing one up at any reasonable price is a mistake. Appreciate the opinons,(more so as they match my own).

J.B.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts