Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into one of the local pawnshops and looked through the selection of rifles, pistols and shotguns and noticed a few lever actions. They had some Marlin and Winchesters stacked near each other and I noticed one of the Marlins had a short magazine.
Turned out to be a 1980 model M375 with some rust spots on the receiver and hunting worn wood on it and had the dreaded see-thru mounts with some ancient out of kilter post scope sight.
Anyways the price tag has $399 on it and put it on layaway. I do a lot business there so i get the usual taxes included deal.
So......, I'll be getting brass and bullets and dies shortly and maybe a box or 2 of some of Reed's ammo. This is probably the 4th or 5th M375 I have owned. The picture in my avatar is a M375.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Congrats on the 375.Sounds like your hooked on em. ;D ;D
And thats not a bad thing! Please Post pics as soon as the rings come off. ;D

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
Hunter, your story sounds familar.........my 375 was also a pawn shop find, priced the same, but mine didn't have the fancy multi-level sighting system. ;) It was sitting way off in a corner all by itself, lonely and neglected, and I asked to look at it. It was in good shape, though clearly used, and I handed it back.............but the seed was already planted. I went back the next day and bought it.

You've had four or five 375's? I've never even seen that many, but I do know about letting them go and changing my mind later. I was trying to thin my gunlocker herd several years ago, decided the 375 ought be with someone who'd hunt with it, and sold it to a buddy. I regretted it almost immediately, and when he was strapped for cash a year later, I bought it back. It's not going anywhere as long as I can still stand on my hind legs and shoot it!

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Congratulations on the new acquisition. Why did you get rid of the other 375”s? :eek: :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts