Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is a nearly perfect 1977 Marlin 444. This is the pre-crossbolt safety model which is preferred by Marlin purists. Other than a few light scuffs in the buttstock this rifle is excellent! The front sight hood is still intact as the Marlin "bullseye" in the buttstock. The Luepold Vari-X III 1.5-5x20mm scope is mounted in Burris steel Zee rings attached to a Weaver base. A hammer extension is in place to operate the hammer with the scope installed. The scope has some scratches where a previous owner moved it in the rings without properly loosening them. But it is clear and bright and functions great.

Price: $700.00 with scope, mounts and hammer extension
$500.00 rifle only

$40.00 insured shipping to an FFL who will accept rifles from a private party.

I have ammo, brass, dies and shell holder available for extra $$$

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Wood
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun
Gun Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Bump for a beauty! Any trade interest?
Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump for a beauty! Any trade interest?
Good luck with your sale!
No, trying to fund an expensive trip into long range steel shooting..... yes, I am that stupid!:shot:

·
Super Moderator
26,090 Posts
I steered a MO newbe earlier today to your rifle--he was very eager to find a 444 Marlin. I don't know why he didn't bite--this is a great deal.

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
one of the better deals on the board .If only I could find a steady supply of food for it!

Reactions: T-Roy

·
Administrator
30,584 Posts
Good for you trapperjack! What a great deal.

I was just about to pull the trigger on it myself and then noticed you beat me to it.

Jack

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats TJ, this is a very nice rifle w/scope purchase. I was very tempted to add another 444 to the stable myself if nobody else picked up on this beauty... :biggrin:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My apologies to trapperjack. I had a local buyer (prior to TJ) that I was in negotiations with for a few days and the deal completed tonight. Thank you everyone for your kind words and to TJ for his patience and offer to buy my .444.

Mods, this thread can be locked, rifle is sold and delivered.

·
Administrator
30,584 Posts
Your wish is my command. It's closed.

Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.