Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a beautiful 1977 44 mag from Cabelas tonight. I've got 3 other 94's, but this is the first one without the cross-bolt safety. I noticed two other things that are different -- the extractor and ejector seem a lot flimsier. The ejector is a single piece of spring steel. I don't know how to describe the extractor, other to say that it seems a lot weaker than the current version. Does anyone know when Marlin redesigned these parts? Thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
flynt,
I beleive the 1977 model was the last year for the spring ejector. I have one I got at half the listed price because it was missing the ejector.
ordered one before I realised the difference, now I have aspare for my other rifles.
CF

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like I'd better a couple of spare spring ejectors. Anybody know a good source? thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try this place. I have a couple of 1979 marlin 1894 and know exactly what you mean by the ejector on one of mine I converted it to the newer style ejector and it was not that big of a deal I just and to mill out the ejector grove in the receiver a little bit and drill and ream a hole for the pin. I have never actually broke one of the older style ejectors but just thought I would change out to the newer style.

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional_info/marlin-LA_CRexteject.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts