Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have a Marlin 336, marked on barrel Mod 336 30-30win. 20" barrel. Is this a T model, a run of the mill 336, or an orphan child? My jpg files are too large to post. Thanks, Kent

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have always remembered that the box said it was one, but since that was 1976 and I have slept a few days since then. Kent

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
And, you simply must get rid of those horrible see-thru scope mounts, and replace them with a Weaver type base and Weaver Quad-Lock rings. I will never understand why anyone would want to mount a scope so high as to make it difficult as all get out to use.

Even 1895Gunner has seen the light and gotten rid of his see-thru mounts. ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Brian in FL, The fact is, I've never used the scope to shoot with, looked through to make sure that's what I wanted to shoot, dropped down and ironsight away. Other than sighting scope in and checking zero from time to time, One shot, one 6pt, when new in 1976. Less than 20rd total. Kent

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome, I have the exact same rifle as you, 1976 336 straight stock, and mine also just says 336!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
well that's funny cause i just bought a 76' strait grip my self, and it has over n under mounts too, but not for long. i have a williams peep for mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts