Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Did you have to do any fitting with the stock?

That is a nice looking stock, I been thinking of doing a boyd on my 336w and my 60n

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That 60 is sweet in that wood sir. Very nice.
I almost got that same 590 but went w the fixed stock instead. Mine is very accurate with federal slugs.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
I like the look of that model 60! Thanks for posting! John

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wow, that's a nice looking rifle! I've seen those on Boyd's web site, but never seen one on a rifle. Well I'll add that to my list of wants!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is what my 1975 Marlin looks like with my new Boyd stock.
The two knives at the right are very old Puma & Western handed down from my Dad.

A couple of my other toys. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments.
Sorry guys for not posting... I didn't get any emails saying I had replies, then forgot about this post.
I now have my email subscription on.
@ mjadams61.Perfect fit and very accurate once sighted in. This is at 50 yards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice rifle my friend. And the toys rock! I wonder if a Boyd stock will work with my Marlin - Western Field
Year: 1968
Model: 740A-EMN
Caliber: 30-30

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Due to the violence across the country, (I live 45 miles SE of wacko Seattle) added another shotgun (20ga) that my tiny wife can shoot and I put a laser dot light on my Marlins scope set for 10-15 feet. This marlin is semi-automatic and can shoot 14 rounds before reloading. Perfect match with my shotguns.

Question. Can I shoot any Hollow Points for .22 long rifle with this Marlin 60? It shoots long rifle 22. I want to be sure, but it looks like I can shoot this:
Winchester Power Point .22LR Ammunition 42 Grain Copper Plated Max HP 1320 fps
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/dw/image/v2/BDCK_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-ctd-master-catalog/default/dw2ba3cae3/large/3-0316304.jpg?sw=800&sh=800

145520a-33.jpg

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have several Boyd's stocks, and have never been disappointed.

Reactions: jack62
1 - 11 of 11 Posts