Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1971 Article II new in the box. I am thinking of getting rid of it. It just sits in the closet in the box. I don't even take it out to look at it. Does anyone know somewhere around Mobile, AL that I can take it to and get it appraised?

20140713_113907.jpg 20140713_113944.jpg

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Very nice rifle. You may do well to research online and see what others like it have sold for in the last couple of years. Gunbroker is always a good place to search and just random Google searches may give you a idea. From that you should be able to set a reserve price and them put it up for auction and see how well it does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will check them out. Do I need to find a FFL here in Mobile to be able to sell it on Gun Broker?

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I have sent a rifle to these folks a few weeks back

Mobile Shooting Center
9170 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL 36608
(251) 633-8629

·
Registered
434 Posts
No, you don't need to go through a dealer to sell on gunbroker. The buyer will have to go through a dealer to accept it when sold if out of state. There are three that sold on gunbroker in the past month. Range from $800 with no box and fired to $1800 being NIB. Don't waste your time getting a dealers opinion.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
No, you don't need to go through a dealer to sell on gunbroker. The buyer will have to go through a dealer to accept it when sold if out of state. There are three that sold on gunbroker in the past month. Range from $800 with no box and fired to $1800 being NIB. Don't waste your time getting a dealers opinion.
I picked up a beautiful Article 2 on Gunbroker earlier this year for just under $400.

Looks great and shoots perfectly. I was the only bidder.

I'm surprised the prices went up so much recently, but mine isn't for sale, that's for sure!

Brocky

Reactions: dhansen

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
The difference between a excellent Article II, and a NIB with all the paperwork will be significant to a collector. Unless you can find another exactly like yours (NIB with paperwork) it's hard to compare anything else to it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You can send it to me for awhile and I'll appraise it for you. Should only take a few years or so. What...I like to be thorough! Lol. Serious tho, that's a beautiful rifle you got there!

Reactions: Brocky
1 - 9 of 9 Posts