Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a 1894 44 mag saddle ring with gold ring and small marlin medallion in the stock that says 1870 to 1970 in 98% they want 750.00 for it. anybody have any thoughts on if it is worth that?

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
At 98% it sounds like it's been a shooter. In good shape for a shooter, but a still a shooter. Question is whether it's worth that much to you as a shooter. Any extras for that price? Octagon barrel, half round-half octagon, checkering, scope? Any ammo come with it?

That price, 750.00 sounds a bit steep for a .44 mag, but it would get snapped up in Ohio, now that the pistol caliber rifles have been approved for deer hunting. Not long ago I was seeing pre safety 1894 .44 mags for 550-650. And the prices that I've heard guns going for in Alaska have been about 100 higher or so...

Will the owner come down on the price or kick in some ammo?

·
Registered
237 Posts
From what I have seen lately the price is a little high, 50- 100.00. I have seen some sell for more then 750.00. They are becoming hard to find in very good or better condition. You might not find another in a long time. I have passed on some rifles because of a 50-100.00 difference, Later I regretted it. Every time I pull one of my Marlins out of the safe all I do is smile, can't put a price on that! Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.