Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leupold QR rings and the front and rear sling studs and swivels finally came in from Midway and I got this “new to me” Marlin ready to sight in. I picked up a like new VXR 2-7x33 firedot, so she’s ready for the range.
I thought long and hard about drilling the buttstock for the rear sling stud, but figured this is going to be a hunting rifle, so let’s make it easy to carry. She looks pretty good for 54 years old. I picked this up from a fellow Floridian and MO member.
A question for you guys who have peep sights. The reason I went with the QR rings, was for the ability to easily remove the scope and use open sights when the weather gets nasty. Who makes a peep that can easily be installed and removed from a rail and remain zeroed? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
That looks like a picatinny rail? If so RPP makes a rail with a clover leaf peep that will stay right under the scope.

Tire Land vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

That is a Weaver K2 on the RPP rail on my 62 336 ADL in 35 Rem. You can leave the peep on and take the scope on and off. I have not zeroed it yet. May buy better rings if it does not hold zero when the scope is put back on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just what I was hoping to find Maineiac. That sits nice and low.
Appalachian, I’ve tried the scope covers and do not like using them, thus the reason to try a peep sight.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
@250sav you will like that scope. I put the same one on my XLR.

RPP makes a hi viz front sight to go with the peep too:
Automotive tire Bumper Gadget Automotive exterior Bicycle part

I just mounted the sight and rail the other day. I have not made it to the range yet.

@GreenRidgeBandit you have good taste in rifles. It took me quite a while to find that one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@250sav you like that scope. I put the same thing on my XLR.

RPP makes a hi viz front sight to go with the peep too:
View attachment 871715

I just mounted the sight and rail the other day. I have not made it to the range yet.

@GreenRidgeBandit you have good taste in rifles. It took me quite a while to find that one.
I know what you mean about the scope. I put up a WTB ad on another forum last month. Took quite a while but I finally got one from a guy in Texas who never mounted it on a rifle. I really like the red dot reticle.

·
Registered
i have a little of everything.
59 Posts
That looks like a picatinny rail? If so RPP makes a rail with a clover leaf peep that will stay right under the scope.

View attachment 871704

View attachment 871705

That is a Weaver K2 on the RPP rail on my 62 336 ADL in 35 Rem. You can leave the peep on and take the scope on and off. I have not zeroed it yet. May buy better rings if it does not hold zero when the scope is put back on.
my brother has the same gun as yours. been trying to get him to sell it to me for years. ;)

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I had similar desires, but chose to go with a scout type arrangement, leaving the zeroed GR/Peep installed along with the scope. How about a tang mounted peep?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The leupold QR rings and the front and rear sling studs and swivels finally came in from Midway and I got this “new to me” Marlin ready to sight in. I picked up a like new VXR 2-7x33 firedot, so she’s ready for the range.
I thought long and hard about drilling the buttstock for the rear sling stud, but figured this is going to be a hunting rifle, so let’s make it easy to carry. She looks pretty good for 54 years old. I picked this up from a fellow Floridian and MO member.
A question for you guys who have peep sights. The reason I went with the QR rings, was for the ability to easily remove the scope and use open sights when the weather gets nasty. Who makes a peep that can easily be installed and removed from a rail and remain zeroed? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Try NECG. I got one that fits the rail. Take scope off put peep sight on fire. I did have to put a taller front sight post on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies, seems to be a few options. I looked at the Skinner site, and like the looks of their peep sight. I have plenty of time before next fall to decide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts