Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a 1966 Marlin 336 in .44 mag. Serial # starts with AB. I did some minor disassembly to give it a good cleaning and noticed the ejector spring fell right out when the bolt was removed. Not broken, but the pin on the spring doesn't fit the hole snug. I put it back in when I reassembled it, and after looking online realized that all the ones I found look different than what I've got. Thinking of a little JB weld on the pin should hold it in the hole. Thoughts? The rifle is in decent condition, showing some pitting around the front sight, but otherwise serviceable. Didn't get her to hide her in the safe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,097 Posts
Fine looking rifle... NO J.B. Weld... The bolt holds the ejector in place... Take a pic of yours and post it up...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When the bolt is pulled out there's nothing to hold the ejector in.
Clean out the little hole that protrudes through the receiver that holds the pin.
You should be good.
Nice rifle!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
You are way ahead of the game. I got the mate to yours several years ago....it was a mess. Cerracoted and missing the saddle ring. Took it down to bare metal, rust blued and made a saddle ring. brought it back to use.
Excellent post here on the forum about the feeding on this rifle, should you need it. simple fix if you have issues.

336-44.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some additional pics. The receiver with the ejector spring pin in place is the first one. The ejector spring assembly itself, the ejector spring near its slot. the wear mark on the end of the spring is where the spring slides under. The next pic is how it looks fully inserted. And a close-up. And finally, the rifle itself. You can see the pitting on the receiver and front of the barrel and front sight. Bore itself is good, slugged out to .429. Ignore the pet hair, it was wiped off before boing back into the safe.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts