Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just re-united with my FIRST RIFLE. It is a 1965 Marlin 80G. My brother kept it when I got drafted in 1971. He recently died, and it was returned to me. Two questions. 1-The barrel needs to be replaced. Where can these be sourced? 2-Did all of these have "bull" barrels? This thing is built like a dump truck. I thought my S&W Model 15 M&P pistol was stout. Wow!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Hey Markster - welcome to MO and greetings from Ohio. How 'bout a pic of that first rifle of yours?

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome, & enjoy great stuff here. Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here ya' go Judson,,,,,,a blast from the past

80G 1965.JPG I mowed lawns until I could afford to buy this at a pawn shop. I've also still got a 20 gauge bolt-action 3 shot clip fed JC Higgins shotgun that I bought NEW ! When I take it to turkey shoots the under-50 crowd shooters get real curious. They call it an
"elephant rifle".

·
Registered
328 Posts
Markster,
Check with Numrich Arms, They sell parts of zillions of different guns. They have new, OEM, new manufacture, and factory stuff. They get guns from all over the world. Usually ones that have seen better times and part them out to resell for those of us that want to keep our prize babies running and shooting. If they had parts for my Model M1-99 then you may be able to find what you need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts