·
Premium Member
15,421 Posts
nice

Reactions: SC Reb

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Now you got to grow a mullet. Get a mesh trucker cap. Lady type mud flaps.
No just joking looks good man.
When you are done with that I have a 65 Dart that needs your attention.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry MidBig. My next project once this one is wrapped up is a 1971 240Z.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Niiiiicceee restore!! Well done...

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
That is beautiful!.what a lucky Kid!

·
Premium Member
11,724 Posts
Nice work. That one didn't look to bad before you polished it up. Of course I was just seeing a picture of the outside no clue how much rust or other problems you had to deal with. Did you consider painting the top white like the original? I am sure the solid color gives it a smoother faster look. The wheels are the same as the ones that were on my 1970 Monte Carlo. Were those also original in 1965? Not that it matters as that was always a nice dressed up Chevy factory rim.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Wow, that thing is sweet!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is beautiful you have done an excellent job with it!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Hey Reb,

Fine looking Chevy!

Will look right at home, at the Malt Shop! (oops! giving away my age)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Golphin,

Body didn't have much rust at all. But shortly after the before pic was taken a lady dented in the passenger rear qtr panel! That stalled the repaint by nearly a year while trying to find another panel and the other parts. The top was actually gray primer in the before pic. The original factory color was that ugly maroon Chevy had in 65. It had been previously repainted blue and light blue two tone. I considered a silver top and upper rear quarter panels, but finally settled on the darker blue with plenty of metal flake. Engine is a 350 with 4 bolt main out of a 74 vette, 4 barrel Holly carb and a Turbo 400 tranny. The wheels are not the originals that came on it but are original Chevy Rally Wheels.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys. Unfortunately those last few tweaks got bigger and bigger! Electrical this time. Fixing items messed up when putting the fenders and chrome back on and some other old wiring issues that had been fermenting. Fix one thing and something else goes haywire. After two weekends of tracing circuits, running wiring and laying with my head by the accelerator pedal for hours, the finish line still seems a long way off. Got so stiff under there I had to have my son pull me out of the passenger side by my ankles! But if I get that done, a new headliner and a/c compressor, that should be it! I'm to the stage now that I just want it over!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Very nice, how does she run?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pretty darn good. Slight hesitation when you goose it. Just need to pop the top off the 4bbl to clean the jets & probably replace the accel pump.

·
Registered
20,306 Posts
VERY nice Reb!:tee:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts