Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Why are you thinking of using the Marlin sight?

I have two older 336's with the cheesy stamped rear sights. I'd like to replace the rear sights on both rifles with better quality ones. I have been looking at the Marbles Sporting Folding sight and the Williams WDOS sight. Both sights are windage adjustable which is a plus to me and both cost about the same.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of each of these sights?

My take is: the Marbles has the ladder type elevation adjustment which is coarser than the WDOS’s screw adjustment, but faster as long as you know where each of these steps will place your shot. Also, the Marbles has a screw windage adjustment and the WDOS has a slide adjustment with a securing screw. The Marbles sight folds down for clearing a scope or for using a receiver sight. The Williams, though, I think would be more impervious to accidental damage or loss of zero just because it is a simpler and more robust design.

I’ll be interested to hear the comments you guys have…thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to keep them original if I can. I know the stamped rear sight is not the greatest but I have 3 1963's and I want them to look alike would you part with one of your rear sights if you replace either one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts