Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome from Idaho!
It looks like a nice little carbine.
Value depends on, total condition, area that you are in & what a willing buyer & seller agree on.
To me, in nice condition, it would be about $600+-.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
I have a 1964 Carbine and they are nice guns. There were fewer of them made then the regular 39a or the Mounties so they bring a little better money. I think Waffletop has it about right for my area anyway.

·
Banned
3,196 Posts
I gotta agree with waffle top . the gold filling on the lettering is interesting. I have never seen one roll marked carbine. I bet they are few and far between. also what I find interesting is it is not marked 39a . my early 50's mountie is just roll marked 39A

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
I gotta agree with waffle top . the gold filling on the lettering is interesting. I have never seen one roll marked carbine. I bet they are few and far between. also what I find interesting is it is not marked 39a . my early 50's mountie is just roll marked 39A
Mine is roll marked Carbine and I believe they all are. They have a 20" tapered barrel and a shorter magazine tube than the Mountie does. These were produced between 1964 and 1967 with maybe a few showing up in later years.

Carbine.jpg

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
I don't have a clue as to price, but welcome from Texas. Mike

·
Registered
640 Posts
That is a tough variation to find. It would be a keeper if it were mine.
By the way, welcome to the forum from SW Fl.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
They are a tough find, I still haven't seen one in person and I've burned up a lot of shoe leather over the years in pursuit.

·
Super Moderator
23,569 Posts
Never seen one of those--just a Mountie once in a very long while. Regular 39As bring around 600 bucks in my locale so this one would be priced much higher than that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Carbine's are pretty rare...

if you're selling, pretty it up and take good pic's. With what the 39D's and Mountie's bring, a good carbine will bring more than those models. If you're not selling and just curious, the answer is "probably more than you think".

No recent sales on that one auction site, but there are two listed for sale and haven't sold. One of the listings has some custom stock work, and in my view that's why it hasn't sold even though the ask is relatively reasonable for a Carbine. The second one has a pretty serious ask on it, and the pictures make me wonder... there appears to be a spot on the stock, and collectors aren't going to pay that much for a gun they'd view like I do.

Your photo's of your Carbine show a pretty nice, honest gun, but they're not too detailed.

I'd contend that waffletop's estimates are at the lower end of the range - My guess is that it'd end up north of that estimate, maybe well north... (I'm an accumulator, and while I watch this stuff I'm not an appraiser)

'tool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts