Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1955 336SC 35 rem

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Jericho 
#1 ·
At the gun shop there is a 1955 SC 35 rem. The rifle has been used, but what bothers me is some one scratch their initials on the receiver. What can be done to remove them? Ser# M14***

#3 ·
It might work to your advantage if you can talk the dealer down even more because of it. I'd certainly use that line of dickering with him. Are they real deep or what? Just scratched in like with an awl or deep like from an engraver?

#4 ·
I have a 55' 336rc .35rem, M-series,
it was my first deer rifle and remains one of my most prized possessions.

It has ballard rifling and factory d&t receiver for scope mount.
I had later learned that these two features ran together during a very short span, less than a year..

How 'bout some pics??

#5 ·
What Dave Bulla said is what I would go by. Sometimes it will get you a better deal and if you are like some of us and love to do simple restoration work, you get your self a project to look forward to. Are you could change your name to match those initials. ;D

#8 ·
TossingLead said:
At the gun shop there is a 1955 SC 35 rem. The rifle has been used, but what bothers me is some one scratch their initials on the receiver. What can be done to remove them? Ser# M14***
Depending upon the location and the size, consider stipling over them using a spring loading center punch in some sort of geometric pattern or design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.